- Keeping on top of treatment Eleanor Raper, senior geoscientist at Envireau Water, on the importance of reviewing your wastewater treatment system Read More >
- A large dose: Tackling eutrophication Kevin Wheeler, managing director at chemical dosing specialists WES Ltd, discusses the growing issue with phosphorus and... Read More >
- Securing wastewater treatment fit for the future As population growth puts pressure on wastewater treatment plant capacity, WPL technical director Andrew Baird makes the... Read More >
- Embracing the digital measurement revolution for wastewater Developments in digital sensing technology have opened up new possibilities for wastewater, Julian Edwards, analytical... Read More >
- Preparing for better phosphorus removal in AMP7 In order to meet the more stringent phosphorus removal requirements expected in 2020-25, wastewater utilities will need to... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Smart Metering and Leakage Smart meters are a subject of growing global interest at a time when a substantial number of water utilities are facing... Read More >
- International leaders to discuss the future for the UK wastewater sector Senior leaders from national and international wastewater companies, the UK government, Ofwat and other key organisations... Read More >
- Microbe management: MBBR upgrade at Bolton-upon-Dearne WwTW Galliford Try is installing a tertiary treatment system that is set to result in significant savings for Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Water 4.0 and the wastewater cycle To make a success of Water 4.0, the industry needs to work from the bottom up, installing the right monitoring equipment... Read More >
- Opinion: Phosphorus just one of the problem pollutants Phosphorus may be front of mind for wastewater treatment in the UK at the moment, but this emphasis should not mean that... Read More >
- Expert View: Phosphorus removal made simple With the water industry seeking efficient ways to remove phosphorus (P), the C-TECH biological process is one solution... Read More >
- MBBRs: Putting wastewater to bed Moving Bed Bioreactors (MBBRs) are the filtration method of choice for many operators looking to remove BOD, ammonia and... Read More >
- Eco-friendly phosphorus removal: Soneco boom Amid the clamour for effective new means of phosphorus removal, Power & Water CEO Gareth Morgan discusses his company's... Read More >
- MUS awarded five-year minor civils framework contract Morrison Utility Services (MUS) has been awarded a five-year civils framework contract by Yorkshire Water.
- Costain JV selected by Southern Water as AMP7 partner Costain and its existing joint venture partner MWH Treatment have been selected by Southern Water to extend the AMP6 contract as part of the water company's AMP7 investment programme.
- Scottish Water reaches energy milestone Scottish Water has reached a milestone in energy self-generation at its water and wastewater treatment works across Scotland.
- Ofwat confirms Southern Water will pay £126m following investigation Ofwat has confirmed that Southern Water will pay £126m in penalties and rebates to existing and former wastewater customers following serious failures in the operation of its sewage treatment sites and for deliberately misreporting its performance.
- Seymour appointed to Yorkshire Water framework Seymour Civil Engineering has been appointed to Yorkshire Water's Minor Civil Framework, which will cover requirements across its entire operational area.