- Embracing the digital measurement revolution for wastewater Developments in digital sensing technology have opened up new possibilities for wastewater, Julian Edwards, analytical... Read More >
- Preparing for better phosphorus removal in AMP7 In order to meet the more stringent phosphorus removal requirements expected in 2020-25, wastewater utilities will need to... Read More >
- International leaders to discuss the future for the UK wastewater sector Senior leaders from national and international wastewater companies, the UK government, Ofwat and other key organisations... Read More >
- Microbe management: MBBR upgrade at Bolton-upon-Dearne WwTW Galliford Try is installing a tertiary treatment system that is set to result in significant savings for Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Water 4.0 and the wastewater cycle To make a success of Water 4.0, the industry needs to work from the bottom up, installing the right monitoring equipment... Read More >
- Opinion: Phosphorus just one of the problem pollutants Phosphorus may be front of mind for wastewater treatment in the UK at the moment, but this emphasis should not mean that... Read More >
- Expert View: Phosphorus removal made simple With the water industry seeking efficient ways to remove phosphorus (P), the C-TECH biological process is one solution... Read More >
- MBBRs: Putting wastewater to bed Moving Bed Bioreactors (MBBRs) are the filtration method of choice for many operators looking to remove BOD, ammonia and... Read More >
- Eco-friendly phosphorus removal: Soneco boom Amid the clamour for effective new means of phosphorus removal, Power & Water CEO Gareth Morgan discusses his company's... Read More >
- Wastewater improvements bolster river biodiversity - study A higher standard of wastewater treatment in the UK has been linked to substantial improvements in a river's biodiversity over the past 30 years.
- Irish Water gets planning permission for Arklow WwTP Irish Water has secured planning permission for the Arklow Wastewater Treatment Plant in in County Wicklow.
- Onsite assessment bolsters wastewater technician training An overhaul of British Water's wastewater treatment technicians' training means plant operatives will now undertake onsite assessment to complete the course.
- UV preventative maintenance reduces callouts in Yorkshire A preventative maintenance programme implemented by Xylem has helped Yorkshire Water reduce yearly maintenance callouts by more than 66% at eight wastewater treatment plants which use UV disinfection systems.
- New membrane system promises industrial wastewater breakthrough A new pilot plant to treat industrial wastewater is being built that could potentially reduce the amount of liquid waste by over 90 per cent.