Sustainability & social value
Strong supplier partnership brings leak detection advancement
With leak reduction and innovation prominent in the UK water sector's net zero carbon vision, strong partnerships between utilities and the supply chain can yield transformative results, writes Josh Britton, global product line manager at technology company Ovarro.
- Strong supplier partnership brings leak detection advancement With leak reduction and innovation prominent in the UK water sector's net zero carbon vision, strong partnerships between... Read More >
- How can optimising assets increase social value? Water companies are facing challenging times, with aims of driving lower carbon whilst also achieving cost savings. Tim... Read More >
- Connecting Greece to the UK with NextGen circular developments A sewer mining project in Athens is testing augmented reality (AR) to drive public engagement. With a very high... Read More >
- The role of safe digging in the UK's economic recovery The UK government looks set to invest heavily in large scale infrastructure in a bid to try and kickstart the economy.... Read More >
- Meet the judges of the Water Industry Awards 2021 WWT chats to some of the judges of the 2021 WIAs, to find out what they are most excited about for this year's awards. Read More >
- Adopting circular practices in the water industry key to mitigating impact of climate change The transition to a circular economy is not only better for the environment. It allows water companies to more effectively... Read More >
- Innovation challenge paves way for permanent shift There has never been a better time to work in water, as we approach the end of an extraordinary 12 months and embark on a... Read More >
- How will water systems evolve to face the challenges of the future? Laura Roberts, water innovation hub outreach and dissemination manager for the Department of Civil and Structural... Read More >
- Reducing the environmental impacts of rapid infrastructure expansion As the UK starts to manoeuvre out of the Covid-19 pandemic, it's no secret that the government will need to kickstart an... Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Water supply chain ‘mission critical' to net zero The water industry's Net Zero 2030 Routemap represents a step-change for the sector, in which increasing prominence is... Read More >
- What are the implications of the Environment Bill on the water industry? After the pandemic forced a seven-month pause in debate, the Environment Bill has returned to Parliament, precipitating... Read More >
- Road to net-zero: the challenges and opportunities for water Today, the water industry became the world's first sector to launch a collective plan to deliver net zero carbon emissions... Read More >
- WWT Explains Design thinking for smart networks In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Novotek, we look at design thinking for smart networks. Read More >
- Responsive environmental resilience Rich Matthews, MD at Siltbuster Process Solutions (SPS), talks about industry pressures, the current performance of water... Read More >
- Enva announces Amiad partnership Environmental and water services provider Enva has announced a partnership in which it will become the sole distributor for Amiad Water Systems in Ireland, while also making the company's products available to its UK customers.
- Stantec launches institute to accelerate solutions to water challenges Global design firm Stantec has unveiled its newest initiative - the Stantec Institute for Water Technology & Policy (the Institute) – to explore the real-world impacts of a changing climate on the sustainability of water and the role of emerging technologies in water science and policy.
- Mott MacDonald appoints Frances McAndrew as group head of inclusion and responsibility Frances McAndrew has joined Mott MacDonald as the company's group head of inclusion and responsibility.
- Arqiva awarded roll-out of initial smart water metering network by Northumbrian Water Arqiva has been selected by Northumbrian Water Group to deliver an initial roll-out of a smart metering network in Essex, where it operates as Essex & Suffolk Water.
- Anglian Water begins £630m investment drive for 2021 Anglian Water is embarking on a huge £630million investment programme for the financial year ahead.