Sustainability & social value
edie's Sustainability Leaders Awards - entries close next week
Companies across the water and utilities sectors are invited to get the recognition they deserve for approaches to sustainability by entering edie's Sustainability Leaders Awards.
- Will SfA8 make as big a splash as hoped? Martin Lambley, product manager for stormwater management at Wavin, looks at whether Sewers for Adoption 8 will meet... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Wastewater plant and asset optimisation in association with Veolia In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Veolia, we look at the subject of plant and asset... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Sewer modelling and CSOs in association with Innovyze In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Innovyze, we look at the subject of sewer modelling and... Read More >
- How to become 'water-wise' Luke Matcham, consultant at Capgemini, looks at how incentives and penalties can be balanced to encourage water... Read More >
- Where there's muck, there’s brass Tim Broadhurst, CCO of CooperOstlund, on utilising sewage and sludge as a renewable energy feedstock and how to maximise... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Smart Water Networks In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Novotek UK and Ireland, we look at the subject of smart... Read More >
- Going green at Severn Trent's Minworth STW With a £60 million investment aimed at producing 30 per cent more green energy from its largest sewage treatment works,... Read More >
- In Focus: Health, safety and wellbeing at Lanes Group Having introduced an array of creative solutions to improve health, safety and wellbeing, Lanes Group is showing the... Read More >
- Veolia putting efficiency into effect As part of Anglian Water's Energy Efficiency and Optimisation framework, Veolia is using its global experience to assist... Read More >
- In Focus: Social value and procurement With social value becoming a key issue across the water sector, how do contractors ensure they measure up? Read More >
- Finding value in liquid waste streams Matt Hale, international sales and marketing director at HRS Heat Exchangers, looks at how value can be extracted from... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Boosting biogas production Regulatory changes mean that now is a good time for technologies that can help boost biogas production from sludge. Here... Read More >
- Turning the circular economy into reality The Europe-wide INCOVER project, which was among the winners at the Water Industry Awards 2018, shows how technology and... Read More >
- PR19 Challenge Report - Supply Interruptions In the third in our series of PR19 Challenge Reports, which look in detail at each of the 14 common performance... Read More >
- PR19 Challenge Report - Sewer Flooding In the second of our PR19 Challenge Reports, which look in detail at each of the 14 common performance commitments which... Read More >
- edie's Sustainability Leaders Awards - entries close next week Companies across the water and utilities sectors are invited to get the recognition they deserve for approaches to sustainability by entering edie's Sustainability Leaders Awards.
- Thames Water recognised as global leader for sustainability Thames Water has again been recognised as an industry leader for its commitment to the environment in a global survey.
- EA to consult on Humber tidal flood risk The Environment Agency is to ask local communities to complete a survey on how to manage tidal flood risk around the Humber.
- Scottish Water completes beach pipe project Scottish Water has completed a £500,000 scheme to help improve the local wastewater network and protect the natural environment at Limekilns beach, near the Firth of Forth.
- Thames Water uses bloggers in water efficiency campaign Thames Water has become one of the first utility companies in the country to sponsor social media influencers to deliver advice to its customers.