Sustainability & social value
Water Innovation 2050: what next for the sector?
Welcome to 2050. The Innovation 2050 document has been published, setting out the key principles of an innovation framework for the water sector. What next? Paul Horton, CEO of the Future Water Association, writes.
- Day Zero: Waking up to water scarcity David Hartwell of Creative EC, explains why Day Zero might be closer than we think and how water event metering could help... Read More >
- 'There's a Hole in my Bucket, dear Boris, dear Boris' David McNeice, Director in DWF's Water practice, analyses the Public Accounts Committee's report on the outlook of... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >
- Bubbling up: the impact of rising water risk With water risk on the rise, Erin Boeke Burke, associate director, sustainable finance at S&P Global Ratings, considers... Read More >
- Expansion of SuDS schemes will help alleviate flooding events David Smoker, chair of BPF Pipes Group, talks about how the expansion of the UK government's SuDS scheme should help solve Read More >
- Water leads the way to a green recovery In weathering the Covid-19 storm, the water industry has proved its resilience and is emerging from the crisis in a... Read More >
- Meet the Water Industry Awards 2020 Winners In this 40 page report, WWT showcases each of this year’s winners and finalists across 19 categories, detailing the... Read More >
- Resilience must be viewed through a big-picture lens Simon Jude, senior lecturer at the Centre for Environment and Agricultural Informatics at Cranfield University, discusses... Read More >
- Journey to a carbon neutral fleet Pete Stevens, manager of carbon neutrality at Yorkshire Water talks about the company's switch to carbon neutral... Read More >
- What we learnt from WWT's net zero webathon The water industry has made the ambitious pledge to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2030, 20 years ahead of the... Read More >
- An organic approach to water treatment Robert Denny, Sales Manager at Veolia Water Technologies UK (VWT UK) describes the benefits of specifying alternative... Read More >
- Flood resilience: what you need to know Geoff Williams, northern sales manager at Sykes Pumps, discusses the need for businesses and local authorities to think... Read More >
- Come together to beat climate change Northumbrian Water chief executive Heidi Mottram's motivational message to the water sector on the opportunities and... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- How the water sector is moving to be net zero Water companies have ambitious plans to reach net zero carbon by 2030, ahead of commitments made by other industries, but... Read More >
- Anglian Water reaffirms commitment to green finance Anglian Water has reaffirmed its long-term commitment to utilising sustainable finance as it launches the Sustainable Finance Framework which will underpin the delivery of its capital programme for 2020-2025.
- Northumbrian Water uses satellites to mitigate risk from trees Northumbrian Water has started using satellite positioning and mobile mapping technology to manage safety risks posed by trees on its sites.
- Water companies pledge to protect rare chalk streams A group of water companies have today vowed to invest millions of pounds to protect the country's chalk streams by reducing the amount of water they abstract from them for public drinking supply and cutting pollution.
- Severn Trent ranked third in responsible businesses list Severn Trent has been rated as the third best company for its environmental, social and ethical performance.
- Water Industry Awards 2021 open for entries Entries are now open for the Water Industry Awards 2021 - a unique chance to share and be recognised for outstanding innovation and achievement in the water sector.