Sustainability & social value
An organic approach to water treatment
Robert Denny, Sales Manager at Veolia Water Technologies UK (VWT UK) describes the benefits of specifying alternative organic coagulants over traditional inorganic solutions. He discusses how modern solutions enable safer, more sustainable working practices that can be used across a wide range of wastewater applications.
- An organic approach to water treatment Robert Denny, Sales Manager at Veolia Water Technologies UK (VWT UK) describes the benefits of specifying alternative... Read More >
- Flood resilience: what you need to know Geoff Williams, northern sales manager at Sykes Pumps, discusses the need for businesses and local authorities to think... Read More >
- Come together to beat climate change Northumbrian Water chief executive Heidi Mottram's motivational message to the water sector on the opportunities and... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- How the water sector is moving to be net zero Water companies have ambitious plans to reach net zero carbon by 2030, ahead of commitments made by other industries, but... Read More >
- WWT Explains Supply Interruptions In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Water Direct, we look at supply interruptions. Water... Read More >
- WWT Explains...water reuse In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Evides, we look at water reuse. Water reuse hasn’t yet... Read More >
- Integrated catchment management James Knightbridge of Mott MacDonald examines what systems operation means in terms of integrated catchment management and... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- WWT Explains… groundwater discharges In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Marsh, we look at groundwater discharges. New rules that... Read More >
- A watershed moment for the water industry? Tessa Harding, director of water at Thomson Environmental Consultants, discusses the government's Environment Bill. Read More >
- Getting personal Save Water Save Money's aqKWa Savings Engine is helping people around the world to understand precisely how they can... Read More >
- WWT Explains… the practical realities of SuDS In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Innovyze, we look at the practical realities of SuDS. SuDS,... Read More >
- Changing the way water utilities think George Hesmondhalgh, managing consultant at Capgemini, says companies need to stop viewing legislation as an obligation... Read More >
- Will SfA8 make as big a splash as hoped? Martin Lambley, product manager for stormwater management at Wavin, looks at whether Sewers for Adoption 8 will meet... Read More >
- Pollution seen as biggest threat to UK water supply Pollution is considered the biggest threat to the UK's water supply by the UK public, new research from engineering professional services consultancy WSP has found.
- United Utilities installs batteries at Preston plant United Utilities has installed two giant rechargeable batteries at its Clifton Marsh wastewater treatment works in Preston, to help power the plant with its own solar energy.
- Severn Trent to go electric Severn Trent will begin installing over 300 electric vehicle (EV) charging points across its sites over the next 18 months.
- New digital forum for water resource and sustainability leaders WWT Water Security conference moves to virtual platform
- Public urged to give a wave for water Water company staff are continuing to keep the nation's water running during the current Covid-19 crisis.