Skills & workforce
- Outsourcing the skills supply problem Paul MacFarlane, HR director for utilities at Amey, on tackling the industry-wide skills challenge Read More >
- Model behaviour: Project 13 Project 13 was developed to provide a route map to a sustainable, innovative and highly skilled industry. With those... Read More >
- Opinion: People and technology must work together The idea of People vs Tech is outdated: People + Tech is the way forward, write Simon Parker and Roger Williams Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Bridging the gap: Tackling diversity in the water sector The water industry faces a substantial skills gap in the coming years, but could a greater focus on gender and diversity... Read More >
- A Time to Skill: how can water face its workforce challenges? Faced with the double challenge of an ageing workforce and a potential barrier to bringing in EU talent due to Brexit, how... Read More >
- British Water “encouraged” by utility survey results British Water says it is encouraged by the results of its latest water company performance survey, but that improvements can still be made.
- Yorkshire Water to trial electric vehicles Yorkshire Water is trialling electric vehicles at Knostrop Energy & Recycling Centre in Leeds as part of its commitment to be net-zero carbon by 2030.
- Galliford Try secures £340m worth of water frameworks Galliford Try has been appointed to two AMP7 frameworks worth approximately £340 million.
- British Water to host ‘empowered women' event British Water is putting on an event called ‘Empowering empowered women' as part of its Women in Water Campaign.
- Ofwat sets out strategy to transform sector's performance Ofwat has published a new strategy to help transform water company performance, meet long-term challenges and embed public purpose into the sector.