Skills & workforce
- Outsourcing the skills supply problem Paul MacFarlane, HR director for utilities at Amey, on tackling the industry-wide skills challenge Read More >
- Model behaviour: Project 13 Project 13 was developed to provide a route map to a sustainable, innovative and highly skilled industry. With those... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Wastewater plant and asset optimisation in association with Veolia In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Veolia, we look at the subject of plant and asset... Read More >
- Opinion: People and technology must work together The idea of People vs Tech is outdated: People + Tech is the way forward, write Simon Parker and Roger Williams Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Bridging the gap: Tackling diversity in the water sector The water industry faces a substantial skills gap in the coming years, but could a greater focus on gender and diversity... Read More >
- A Time to Skill: how can water face its workforce challenges? Faced with the double challenge of an ageing workforce and a potential barrier to bringing in EU talent due to Brexit, how... Read More >
- Southern Water signs Social Mobility Pledge Southern Water has pledged to help young people from disadvantaged backgrounds get a foot on the career ladder.
- Energy & Utility Skills and UVDB drive workforce resilience Energy & Utility Skills has collaborated with the Achilles Utility Vendor Database (UVDB) to encourage investment in skills throughout the supply chain.
- Onsite assessment bolsters wastewater technician training An overhaul of British Water's wastewater treatment technicians' training means plant operatives will now undertake onsite assessment to complete the course.
- Primary Engineer launches initiatives to boost STEM learning Primary Engineer, which seeks to bring engineering into primary classrooms, has launched The Institution of Primary Engineers and The Institution of Secondary Engineers to help provide the right guidance for future generations.
- Energy and Utility Skills joins with Youth Employment UK Energy & Utility Skills has launched a collaborative partnership with Youth Employment UK to encourage more young people into the energy and utility sector.