Multilateral support for rivers bill is heartening
British Water chief executive Lila Thompson discusses Philip Dunne MP's Sewage (and Inland Waters) Bill and the industry-government CSO taskforce.
- Multilateral support for rivers bill is heartening British Water chief executive Lila Thompson discusses Philip Dunne MP's Sewage (and Inland Waters) Bill and the... Read More >
- Reducing the environmental impacts of rapid infrastructure expansion As the UK starts to manoeuvre out of the Covid-19 pandemic, it's no secret that the government will need to kickstart an... Read More >
- Wastewater treatment benefits from compact chemical dosing Water treatment technologies are not optimised for use in small facilities, but compact chemical dosing systems help... Read More >
- Alliances 2021 Our guide to the most important collaborations in the water industry. Read More >
- Ultrasonic transit time technology for sewer flow In this case study, read how Jain Technology applied flow measurement technology to measure sewage to deliver reliable... Read More >
- Meet the Water Industry Awards 2020 Winners In this 40 page report, WWT showcases each of this year’s winners and finalists across 19 categories, detailing the... Read More >
- WWT Explains Supply Interruptions In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Water Direct, we look at supply interruptions. Water... Read More >
- WWT Explains...water reuse In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Evides, we look at water reuse. Water reuse hasn’t yet... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- WWT Explains… groundwater discharges In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Marsh, we look at groundwater discharges. New rules that... Read More >
- Getting to the heart of sewer repair Wessex Water's award-winning Re-Rounder, inspired by heart surgery techniques, helps get deformed sewer networks back into... Read More >
- WWT Explains… the practical realities of SuDS In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Innovyze, we look at the practical realities of SuDS. SuDS,... Read More >
- Through the keyhole: The King's Scholars' Pond project The use of keyhole engineering on Thames Water's King's Scholars' Pond project saved money and carbon while keeping London... Read More >
- Flushed with success: FOG and Unflushables Southern Water's FOG and Unflushables programme has brought a significant improvement in the state of its sewers. Robin... Read More >
- Will SfA8 make as big a splash as hoped? Martin Lambley, product manager for stormwater management at Wavin, looks at whether Sewers for Adoption 8 will meet... Read More >
- Southern Water uses tankers to fight flooding Southern Water is using tankers to protect sewers and reduce the risk of flooding affecting homes and businesses, after extreme rainfall over the winter has raised the risk of ground water flooding across the region.
- Thames Water completes sand bed upgrade at Hampton treatment works Thames Water has completed the refurbishment of the slow sand filter beds at its Hampton water treatment works - one of the biggest in Europe.
- NI Water completes £900k Holywood sewer improvement programme NI Water has completed an essential programme of sewer improvement work, representing an investment of over £900,000 in the Holywood area.
- Northumbrian invests in sewer upgrade to protect the environment in Darlington Northumbrian Water is investing £1.3 million in sewer upgrades in part of Darlington, in order to help to protect the environment.
- Tideway Central Section reaches shaft lining milestone Civil engineering and infrastructure specialist Barhale has completed the first shaft secondary lining in the central section of the Thames Tideway Tunnel.