Pumps & Pumping Systems
Water leads the way to a green recovery
In weathering the Covid-19 storm, the water industry has proved its resilience and is emerging from the crisis in a stronger position - perfectly placed to lead a green economic recovery, writes Lila Thompson, chief executive, British Water.
- Meet the Water Industry Awards 2020 Winners In this 40 page report, WWT showcases each of this year’s winners and finalists across 19 categories, detailing the... Read More >
- Flood resilience: what you need to know Geoff Williams, northern sales manager at Sykes Pumps, discusses the need for businesses and local authorities to think... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- WWT Explains Supply Interruptions In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Water Direct, we look at supply interruptions. Water... Read More >
- Alliances 2020 Our Guide to the most important collaborations in the water industry Read More >
- WWT Explains...water reuse In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Evides, we look at water reuse. Water reuse hasn’t yet... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- WWT Explains… groundwater discharges In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Marsh, we look at groundwater discharges. New rules that... Read More >
- WWT Explains… the practical realities of SuDS In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Innovyze, we look at the practical realities of SuDS. SuDS,... Read More >
- Pump Guide In need of a pump, but not sure where to find the right product? Consult our handy Pump Guide. This handy table gives a... Read More >
- Going green at Severn Trent's Minworth STW With a £60 million investment aimed at producing 30 per cent more green energy from its largest sewage treatment works,... Read More >
- Case Study: Pumping up quality at Burnham Jetty A year's worth of planning, seamless collaboration and technical expertise were crucial to the success of a complex... Read More >
- Thames Water rolls out energy-reducing sludge pump solution A smart air injection (SAI) system combined with progressive cavity pumps is proving key to more efficient sludge handling... Read More >
- Overcoming the issues of transporting dewatered sludge With Ofwat seeking to promote sludge trading to secure best value, efficient transportation solutions are required, SEEPEX... Read More >
- Case study: A customised pump solution for Hinkley Point A bespoke pumping system is proving key to the water management strategy for the major nuclear project in Somerset Read More >
- Anglian Water complete remote monitoring trial with 8power Anglian Water has completed a successful trial with 8power, using remote condition monitoring sensors and analytic services at some of its large water pumping assets.
- Filter manufacturer invests for growth Amazon Filters has invested £0.5 million in the enhanced welding capability at its European production centre in Camberley, Surrey
- Public urged to give a wave for water Water company staff are continuing to keep the nation's water running during the current Covid-19 crisis.
- British Water chief says every day operations key during Covid-19 outbreak The chief executive of British Water has told WWT that water companies' day-to-day operations will remain critical during the coronavirus outbreak and that business continuity is key.
- Opinion: Water's role in beating an epidemic As the UK and countries around the world put plans into action around how to deal with the coronavirus crisis, Water Unite founder Duncan Goose discusses the role water has in an epidemic.