Pumps & Pumping Systems
edie's Sustainability Leaders Awards - entries close next week
Companies across the water and utilities sectors are invited to get the recognition they deserve for approaches to sustainability by entering edie's Sustainability Leaders Awards.
- WWT Explains… Wastewater plant and asset optimisation in association with Veolia In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Veolia, we look at the subject of plant and asset... Read More >
- Pump Guide In need of a pump, but not sure where to find the right product? Consult our handy Pump Guide. This handy table gives a... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Sewer modelling and CSOs in association with Innovyze In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Innovyze, we look at the subject of sewer modelling and... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Smart Water Networks In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Novotek UK and Ireland, we look at the subject of smart... Read More >
- Going green at Severn Trent's Minworth STW With a £60 million investment aimed at producing 30 per cent more green energy from its largest sewage treatment works,... Read More >
- Case Study: Pumping up quality at Burnham Jetty A year's worth of planning, seamless collaboration and technical expertise were crucial to the success of a complex... Read More >
- Thames Water rolls out energy-reducing sludge pump solution A smart air injection (SAI) system combined with progressive cavity pumps is proving key to more efficient sludge handling... Read More >
- Overcoming the issues of transporting dewatered sludge With Ofwat seeking to promote sludge trading to secure best value, efficient transportation solutions are required, SEEPEX... Read More >
- Case study: A customised pump solution for Hinkley Point A bespoke pumping system is proving key to the water management strategy for the major nuclear project in Somerset Read More >
- Deragger proves benefits in wide-ranging trial An innovative device which keeps sewage pumps free of rag has been shown in an independent trial to save energy as well as... Read More >
- Correct installation wrings all the benefits from borehole drives Variable speed drives are helping to make borehole extraction more efficient and reliable - but there are technical... Read More >
- Benefits of variable speed drives in borehole pumping Borehole and submersible pumping can benefit from the use of variable speed drives, but specialist expertise is required Read More >
- PR19 Challenge Report - Supply Interruptions In the third in our series of PR19 Challenge Reports, which look in detail at each of the 14 common performance... Read More >
- Increasing biogas yields from thickened sludge High-performance pumping was crucial to an Anglian Water project to improve the yield of biogas from sludge at a... Read More >
- PR19 Challenge Report - Sewer Flooding In the second of our PR19 Challenge Reports, which look in detail at each of the 14 common performance commitments which... Read More >
- RAA to lead integrated urban drainage guidance update Hydraulic modelling specialist Richard Allitt Associates (RAA) has been appointed to take the lead on updating the industry standard guidance on integrated urban drainage with AECOM.
- GBV gets £35M pumping station contract with EA The GBV joint venture between Galliford Try and Black & Veatch has been awarded a £35 million contract to upgrade a new pumping station for the Environment Agency in North Lincolnshire.
- Selwood signs sole supplier partnership with Northumbrian Selwood has won an exclusive contract to continue to hire pumps and pipework to Northumbrian Water for a minimum of three years.
- Pumping station switch-on for Severn Trent's £60M Newark project Severn Trent's £60M water and wastewater project in Newark has reached a new milestone, as the company has now switched on its new Terminal Pumping Station at Crankley Point.
- Inlet works refurbishment for Wessex Water's Avonmouth Wessex Water's Avonmouth wastewater recycling, bioresources and renewable energy park has been given a major overhaul to its inlet pumping station, which is one of the largest of its kind in the UK.