Policy & Regulation
What are the implications of the Environment Bill on the water industry?
After the pandemic forced a seven-month pause in debate, the Environment Bill has returned to Parliament, precipitating the most far-reaching changes to environmental governance in more than 30 years. Adler and Allan's Hugo Jenkins, head of water and ecology, and Matthew Humphreys, national account manager, discuss how a proactive approach to risk and remediation can ease the balance of breaking-point budgets and the provisions of the Bill for the water industry.
- Road to net-zero: the challenges and opportunities for water Today, the water industry became the world's first sector to launch a collective plan to deliver net zero carbon emissions... Read More >
- Building a watertight defence against an evolving cyber security threat Lucas Young, Axis Communications, explains why collaboration and tighter controls are essential to defend our water... Read More >
- Meet the Water Industry Awards 2020 Winners In this 40 page report, WWT showcases each of this year’s winners and finalists across 19 categories, detailing the... Read More >
- Asset resilience will be one of the beneficiaries of PR19 Richard Broome, Managing Director at LSBUD talks about why Ofwat's PR19 could prove to be such a positive influence on... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- WWT Explains Supply Interruptions In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Water Direct, we look at supply interruptions. Water... Read More >
- Meeting AMP7 leakage targets Damian Crawford, head of smart networks & leakage at Stantec, discusses how becoming data-rich and knowledge-smart can... Read More >
- WWT Explains...water reuse In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Evides, we look at water reuse. Water reuse hasn’t yet... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- WWT Explains… groundwater discharges In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Marsh, we look at groundwater discharges. New rules that... Read More >
- Delivering a smart network Tom Mills, senior director UK&I at Sensus, examines what a smart water network really means - and how to get there. Read More >
- A watershed moment for the water industry? Tessa Harding, director of water at Thomson Environmental Consultants, discusses the government's Environment Bill. Read More >
- Innovation in the water industry As water companies come under pressure to up their game on innovation, Water & Wastewater Treatment (WWT) in association... Read More >
- AMP7: putting the customer centre stage 2020 marks the beginnings of a new chapter for clients and contractors in the water industry with the start of AMP7, the... Read More >
- Wessex Data Shows Total Compliance at Sherborne In this case study, produced in association with WPL, we look at how a wastewater treatment repurpose project carried out... Read More >
- Water UK urges government to 'go further' on water efficiency Water UK has urged the government to go further to improve water efficiency and protect the resilience of supplies.
- Ofwat announces partner for water innovation competitions Ofwat has announced Nesta, supported by Arup and Isle Utilities, as its partner for its £200 million water innovation competitions - with the first competition opening in January 2021.
- Ofwat to shed light on innovation funding at Utility Week Live Online Ofwat will be setting out details of its innovation fund and leading a series of workshops on transformational innovation at Utility Week Live Online, the industry's virtual exhibition taking place from 24-26 November 2020.
- Ofwat warns against higher cost of capital for PR19 appellants Ofwat has warned that customers will pay more on their water bills and investors could scoop up the extra as higher dividend pay-outs if the Competition and Markets Authority confirms its position on the price review of four water companies.
- Ofwat publishes bioresources monitoring report ahead of market review Ofwat has published a report into the monitoring of the bioresources market.