Policy & Regulation
Multilateral support for rivers bill is heartening
British Water chief executive Lila Thompson discusses Philip Dunne MP's Sewage (and Inland Waters) Bill and the industry-government CSO taskforce.
- Reducing the environmental impacts of rapid infrastructure expansion As the UK starts to manoeuvre out of the Covid-19 pandemic, it's no secret that the government will need to kickstart an... Read More >
- Road to net-zero: the challenges and opportunities for water Today, the water industry became the world's first sector to launch a collective plan to deliver net zero carbon emissions... Read More >
- Building a watertight defence against an evolving cyber security threat Lucas Young, Axis Communications, explains why collaboration and tighter controls are essential to defend our water... Read More >
- Meet the Water Industry Awards 2020 Winners In this 40 page report, WWT showcases each of this year’s winners and finalists across 19 categories, detailing the... Read More >
- Asset resilience will be one of the beneficiaries of PR19 Richard Broome, Managing Director at LSBUD talks about why Ofwat's PR19 could prove to be such a positive influence on... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- WWT Explains Supply Interruptions In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Water Direct, we look at supply interruptions. Water... Read More >
- Meeting AMP7 leakage targets Damian Crawford, head of smart networks & leakage at Stantec, discusses how becoming data-rich and knowledge-smart can... Read More >
- WWT Explains...water reuse In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Evides, we look at water reuse. Water reuse hasn’t yet... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- WWT Explains… groundwater discharges In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Marsh, we look at groundwater discharges. New rules that... Read More >
- Delivering a smart network Tom Mills, senior director UK&I at Sensus, examines what a smart water network really means - and how to get there. Read More >
- A watershed moment for the water industry? Tessa Harding, director of water at Thomson Environmental Consultants, discusses the government's Environment Bill. Read More >
- Innovation in the water industry As water companies come under pressure to up their game on innovation, Water & Wastewater Treatment (WWT) in association... Read More >
- AMP7: putting the customer centre stage 2020 marks the beginnings of a new chapter for clients and contractors in the water industry with the start of AMP7, the... Read More >
- Ofwat lays out guidance for RAPID submissions to water resource solutions Ofwat has published guidance to the gated process for strategic regional water resource solutions.
- Water industry urged to ‘keep up momentum' on water resource planning The National Infrastructure Commission has urged the water sector and the government to “keep up the momentum” with regard to water resource planning.
- Ofwat announces judging panel for £2m Innovation in Water challenge Ofwat and Nesta Challenges are today (16 February) revealing the judging panel for the inaugural £2 million Innovation in Water Challenge, which aims to help tackle the biggest challenges facing the water industry.
- Affinity Water selects the Copperleaf product suite to optimise investment planning Affinity Water has chosen the Copperleaf decision analytics solution to optimise its investment planning and insuring it meets its performance commitments.
- New directory will promote UK's water resilience capabilities worldwide The UK Water Partnership (UKWP) is producing a new directory to support the Department for International Trade (DIT) in promoting British expertise.