Policy & Regulation
NI Water infrastructure ready to ‘burst at seams' - chairman
Northern Ireland Water chairman Dr Len O'Hagan has warned that underfunding during the current regulatory cycle has left the utility facing a "tipping point", saying £2.5 billion will need to be spent to ensure services remain fit for purpose.
- WWT Explains Supply Interruptions In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Water Direct, we look at supply interruptions. Water... Read More >
- Meeting AMP7 leakage targets Damian Crawford, head of smart networks & leakage at Stantec, discusses how becoming data-rich and knowledge-smart can... Read More >
- WWT Explains...water reuse In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Evides, we look at water reuse. Water reuse hasn’t yet... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- WWT Explains… groundwater discharges In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Marsh, we look at groundwater discharges. New rules that... Read More >
- Delivering a smart network Tom Mills, senior director UK&I at Sensus, examines what a smart water network really means - and how to get there. Read More >
- A watershed moment for the water industry? Tessa Harding, director of water at Thomson Environmental Consultants, discusses the government's Environment Bill. Read More >
- Innovation in the water industry As water companies come under pressure to up their game on innovation, Water & Wastewater Treatment (WWT) in association... Read More >
- AMP7: putting the customer centre stage 2020 marks the beginnings of a new chapter for clients and contractors in the water industry with the start of AMP7, the... Read More >
- Wessex Data Shows Total Compliance at Sherborne In this case study, produced in association with WPL, we look at how a wastewater treatment repurpose project carried out... Read More >
- WWT Explains… the practical realities of SuDS In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Innovyze, we look at the practical realities of SuDS. SuDS,... Read More >
- Changing the way water utilities think George Hesmondhalgh, managing consultant at Capgemini, says companies need to stop viewing legislation as an obligation... Read More >
- The price of water As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Robin Hackett looks at whether low water bills can be maintained long term Read More >
- Scottish Water starts planning for the long term For SR21, Scottish Water is moving away from the traditional approach to business plans and developing a blueprint for the... Read More >
- Football teams and water companies: Closer than you think New season, new league, new challenges... Egremont Group's Owen Quinn and Alex Graham on the parallels between football... Read More >
- SES and Thames both accept final determination The boards of Thames Water and SES Water have accepted Ofwat's final determination of the companies’ business plans for 2020-25.
- CMA to examine water regulator's price review after appeals Following appeals from water companies, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) will consider Ofwat's proposed 2020-25 price control.
- Northumbrian latest to go to CMA over final determination Northumbrian Water has asked Ofwat to refer its PR19 final determination to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) for review stating that it is “contrary to the long- term best interests” of its customers and “doesn't provide for sustainable investment going forward”.
- Anglian becomes third to appeal final determination Anglian Water has asked Ofwat to refer its PR19 final determination to the CMA and becomes the third company to do so.
- Bristol Water appeals to CMA over final determination Bristol Water has rejected Ofwat's final determination and asked the regulator to refer their decision to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) for review.