Holistic thinking across the water cycle to comply with regulation, protect reputation, and deliver ROI
Utilities are under increasing pressure from constantly changing laws and regulations with which they must comply. The added pressures of the pandemic have also demanded new approaches. Alexis de Kerchove, water utility market manager, Europe at Xylem looks at the solution to these challenges.
- Why VSDs are a crucial waypoint on the route map to Net Zero The UK water industry has unveiled its plan to deliver a Net Zero supply for customers by 2030, a full two decades before... Read More >
- Holistic thinking across the water cycle to comply with regulation, protect reputation, and deliver ROI Utilities are under increasing pressure from constantly changing laws and regulations with which they must comply. The... Read More >
- Building NextGen wastewater treatment systems The future of wastewater treatment involves bubbles, just fewer of them, according to Peter Vale. Read More >
- A glimpse into the world of water in 2021 Paul Haggerty, vice president and expert in digital operations, utilities transformation and water at Capgemini UK, looks... Read More >
- How tech is helping water companies improve lockdown customer service Bobby Bahia, commercial director for transport & infrastructure at Totalmobile, discusses how technology innovations and... Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Pumps & Valves 2021 Our guide to the latest challenges and innovations in the pumps and valves industry. Read More >
- Alliances 2021 Our guide to the most important collaborations in the water industry. Read More >
- WWT Explains Design thinking for smart networks In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Novotek, we look at design thinking for smart networks. Read More >
- Making the future the present Harry Cowan, chief executive of Power and Water Ltd challenges water industry decision makers and the regulator to eschew... Read More >
- Water Innovation 2050: what next for the sector? Welcome to 2050. The Innovation 2050 document has been published, setting out the key principles of an innovation... Read More >
- Innovation could improve performance and transform water The Environment Agency's 2019 environmental performance report highlights some of the complex challenges facing water... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >
- UKWP releases Digital Water whitepaper and call to action UKWP identifies next steps to help UK plc win its share of $30 billion digital revolution in water Read More >
- Meet the Water Industry Awards 2020 Winners In this 40 page report, WWT showcases each of this year’s winners and finalists across 19 categories, detailing the... Read More >
- Costain forms strategic partnership with Microsoft to cut costs Costain has joined forces with Microsoft to digitally optimise the way UK infrastructure is designed, delivered and operated.
- Yorkshire Water pilot could be ‘game-changing' for leakage Yorkshire Water is carrying out the UK's most advanced smart water network pilot in Sheffield.
- MUS trials ground-breaking augmented reality tech in water sector Morrison Utility Services (MUS) is partnering with Eurovia UK to trial augmented Visualisation of underground services (AVUS) technology on its Thames Water and Yorkshire Water contracts.
- Southern and Portsmouth sign landmark bulk supply deal Portsmouth Water and Southern Water have signed an 80-year bulk supply agreement, under which Portsmouth will supply 21 million litres of water a day to Southern, up to a 1-in-200-year drought, enabled Havant Thicket Reservoir. It is hoped this new way of working will provide a blueprint for future planning.
- Scottish Water Horizons uses trenchless 'King of Rock' drill for water connections Scottish Water Horizons has appointed Markey Drilling to use its GRUNDODRILL (King of Rock) technology to carry out this trenchless project in Scotland.