View all topics > Energy/Water Nexus
Irish Water commits to new strategic energy initiative
Irish Water has renewed the Public Sector Energy Partnership Programme with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) and the utility has committed to a new strategic initiative to embed energy efficiency in its operations.
- Innovation Zone: Boosting biogas production Regulatory changes mean that now is a good time for technologies that can help boost biogas production from sludge. Here... Read More >
- Turning the circular economy into reality The Europe-wide INCOVER project, which was among the winners at the Water Industry Awards 2018, shows how technology and... Read More >
- PR19 Challenge Report - Supply Interruptions In the third in our series of PR19 Challenge Reports, which look in detail at each of the 14 common performance... Read More >
- PR19 Challenge Report - Sewer Flooding In the second of our PR19 Challenge Reports, which look in detail at each of the 14 common performance commitments which... Read More >
- The hidden gems inside an AC drive Dismissing variable speed drives (VSD) as nothing more than motor controllers is to miss the huge cost-saving potential... Read More >
- Air Quality and the MCPD: Something in the Air Air quality regulations that come into force next year are making water and wastewater companies reconsider the role of... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Pumps as Turbines In this educational guide from WWT we look at Pumps as Turbines (PaT) applications, in which pumps can be run in reverse... Read More >
- WWT challenge report: leakage In the first of our Challenge Reports looking at the 14 common performance commitments that water companies will be... Read More >
- WWT Explains... Wastewater pump control and optimisation Welcome to our WWT Explains guide to wastewater pump control and optimisation, which has been produced in association with... Read More >
- WWT's Supplier hub Effectively optimise your relevant sales and marketing collateral to 18,115 water professionals each and every month. Read More >
- Comment: Optimising energy usage in the water industry Servelec Technologies' technical director, Marcus Fowler, discusses how the potential of demand-side response... Read More >
- Why do motors fail? Pump motors can run for half a century if they are properly maintained, writes Dave Hawley Read More >
- Bioresource data leads to focus on sludge quality The recent publication of data about the quantity and quality of sludge produced at water company wastewater treatment... Read More >
- Automation: the key to unlock energy efficiency Huge energy savings can be made by controlling pumps and other equipment using variable speed drives and automation, writes... Read More >
- WWT Explains… SuDS With large volumes of stormwater putting a strain on sewers and other infrastructure nationwide, Sustainable Drainage... Read More >
- Irish Water commits to new strategic energy initiative Irish Water has renewed the Public Sector Energy Partnership Programme with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) and the utility has committed to a new strategic initiative to embed energy efficiency in its operations.
- Northumbrian Water agrees 'second life' energy storage deal Northumbrian Water is planning to pilot the use of large-scale battery storage at a number of sites across the North East, Essex and Suffolk.
- Yorkshire Water announces £30M Saltend WWTW investment Yorkshire Water is to invest £30M in its wastewater treatment works in Saltend, Hull to improve the site's operation.
- Northumbrian investigates prospect of CNG fuel for fleet Northumbrian Water is investigating the possibility of using Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) to fuel its vehicle fleet, as part of a developing partnership with Northern Gas Networks.
- UU building floating solar farm on Langthwaite Reservoir United Utilities is building a floating solar farm on the surface of Langthwaite Reservoir.