View all topics > Energy/Water Nexus
Dulas delivers 250kW Llys y Fran hydro scheme
Renewable energy consultancy Dulas has announced the completion of a 250kW hydro- electric scheme at Welsh Water's Llys y Fran reservoir.
- PR19 Challenge Report - Sewer Flooding In the second of our PR19 Challenge Reports, which look in detail at each of the 14 common performance commitments which... Read More >
- The hidden gems inside an AC drive Dismissing variable speed drives (VSD) as nothing more than motor controllers is to miss the huge cost-saving potential... Read More >
- Air Quality and the MCPD: Something in the Air Air quality regulations that come into force next year are making water and wastewater companies reconsider the role of... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Pumps as Turbines In this educational guide from WWT we look at Pumps as Turbines (PaT) applications, in which pumps can be run in reverse... Read More >
- WWT challenge report: leakage In the first of our Challenge Reports looking at the 14 common performance commitments that water companies will be... Read More >
- WWT's Supplier hub Effectively optimise your relevant sales and marketing collateral to 18,115 water professionals each and every month. Read More >
- Comment: Optimising energy usage in the water industry Servelec Technologies' technical director, Marcus Fowler, discusses how the potential of demand-side response... Read More >
- Why do motors fail? Pump motors can run for half a century if they are properly maintained, writes Dave Hawley Read More >
- Bioresource data leads to focus on sludge quality The recent publication of data about the quantity and quality of sludge produced at water company wastewater treatment... Read More >
- Automation: the key to unlock energy efficiency Huge energy savings can be made by controlling pumps and other equipment using variable speed drives and automation, writes... Read More >
- Beyond a pump in a box Whether it is installation, servicing and maintenance, energy-saving and performance advice, or data acquisition, pump... Read More >
- SCADA Security in the Water Industry Forward-thinking water industry leaders are putting enhanced risk management programs in place to assess their... Read More >
- Round Table: Water companies and demand-side response The attractiveness of demand-side response as an additional income stream for water companies is clear, but utilities need... Read More >
- Opinion: Three ways for the water industry to reduce energy Water companies are hugely dependent on energy to treat water and pump it to and from their customers, costing them a lot... Read More >
- Gasification of Sludge: Innovation in Action Yorkshire Water's advanced thermal conversion (ATC) gasification plant at Lower Brighouse WWTW has achieved a timely... Read More >
- Dulas delivers 250kW Llys y Fran hydro scheme Renewable energy consultancy Dulas has announced the completion of a 250kW hydro- electric scheme at Welsh Water's Llys y Fran reservoir.
- GridBeyond wins NI Water tender to manage energy demand GridBeyond has been awarded a five-year contract with NI Water for demand side unit (DSU) and DS3 system services.
- Yorkshire Water sets out its bioresources market offering Yorkshire Water has held a second market engagement event as it continues to pursue an innovative, market-led approach to bioresources.
- Old sewage sludge incinerator in Brighouse set to be demolished An old sewage sludge incinerator in Brighouse built in 1992 will be demolished to make way for a £40 million state-of-the-art facility energy and recycling centre converting human waste into electricity.
- Anglian appoints HBS New Energies for solar programme Anglian Water has appointed HBS New Energies to deliver a 30MWp solar programme across its water treatment sites, with the first site under the contract now installed.