Data, IT & Communications
Day Zero: Waking up to water scarcity
David Hartwell of Creative EC, explains why Day Zero might be closer than we think and how water event metering could help reduce consumption.
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >
- Networking skills: MUS helps Leeds to smarten up Morrison Utility Services has delivered a groundbreaking smart water network project in Leeds on behalf of Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Opinion: Protecting our water assets against cyber threats It's vital that engineers start to lead the conversation on cyber security for operational technology in the water... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Waterfall out to make a splash Fitted near a building's stopcock and supplying cloud-based, accessible information about water use, an ‘intelligent water... Read More >
- Can we future-proof water utilities' data transmission? As the deadlines for BT's withdrawal of TDM and PSTN services approach, water utilities with legacy systems will need to... Read More >
- New dimensions: How BIM drove Scottish Water's Tullich WTW project With ESD making extensive use of BIM including 4D visualisation tools, Scottish Water has successfully completed a £29... Read More >
- Digital digging: OS and NWG's underground mapping system Ordnance Survey helped pioneer an idea for a new digital mapping system for underground utilities at Northumbrian Water's... Read More >
- Thames' eight2O alliance sees benefits in Active Risk Manager Alliance has deployed ARM to manage projects as part of Thames Water's capital investment programme Read More >
- Opinion: Improving Resilience in AMP7 Getting the right data to measure asset health and support resilience will be crucial for water companies in meeting their... Read More >
- Focusing on what matters to customers Neil Croxton, Stantec's technical director - water distribution, on why it's not enough just to adopt new smart... Read More >
- Interview: Black and Veatch's Mark Kaney Black and Veatch's new director of asset management for Europe, Mark Kaney, tells Robin Hackett how the company hopes to... Read More >
- MDS secures Affinity Water contract extension Morrison Data Services (MDS) has extended its meter data collection contract with Affinity Water by a further two years.
- SEW and Vodafone pilot NB-IoT leakage solution South East Water is working with Vodafone on a pilot that the water company believes is likely to revolutionise leakage detection and prevention.
- Monitoring technology guide launched by British Water A live guide to drinking water and wastewater monitoring technology and services has been launched by industry trade association British Water.
- Utilities urged to map out digital future Water leaders are being encouraged to plot their company's progress on digitalisation with the help of a ‘digital adoption water curve’ contained in a new white paper from the International Water Association (IWA) and Xylem.
- Northumbrian Water trialling 'Barnacle' smart sensor Northumbrian Water is trialling the first prototype of its 'Barnacle' smart sensor for toilets.