Monthly tabloid WET News is the voice of water industry contractors, delivering the specialist information that they require to operate efficiently, cost-effectively and profitably in an ever-changing market place. Through its lively and engaging editorial content, WET News ensures they are up-to-date about the news, products and services vital to their needs.
Kier names Davies as new chief executive
Kier Group has announced the appointment of Andrew Davies as chief executive with effect from 15 April.
- Networking skills: MUS helps Leeds to smarten up Morrison Utility Services has delivered a groundbreaking smart water network project in Leeds on behalf of Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Improving the outcomes-based approach to delivering infrastructure With busy periods approaching across a number of sectors, it is vital to ensure the right approach is in place, Stantec... Read More >
- Veolia putting efficiency into effect As part of Anglian Water's Energy Efficiency and Optimisation framework, Veolia is using its global experience to assist... Read More >
- In Focus: Social value and procurement With social value becoming a key issue across the water sector, how do contractors ensure they measure up? Read More >
- New dimensions: How BIM drove Scottish Water's Tullich WTW project With ESD making extensive use of BIM including 4D visualisation tools, Scottish Water has successfully completed a £29... Read More >
- Digital digging: OS and NWG's underground mapping system Ordnance Survey helped pioneer an idea for a new digital mapping system for underground utilities at Northumbrian Water's... Read More >
- Thames' eight2O alliance sees benefits in Active Risk Manager Alliance has deployed ARM to manage projects as part of Thames Water's capital investment programme Read More >
- Interview: New Clancy Docwra CEO Matt Cannon Former rugby union professional Matt Cannon wants to ensure water companies recognise the full value Clancy Docwra can... Read More >
- Delivering innovation for PR19 Innovation will be the key to meeting many water sector goals after PR19, and many potential technological solutions are... Read More >
- Moving towards greener resilience Nature-based solutions can help us to see the big picture when building in system resilience, writes Dr Jonathan Simm,... Read More >
- Reservoir renewal: Severn Trent's Ambergate project Laing O'Rourke and nmcn (formerly NMCNomenca) this year completed work on Severn Trent’s £43 million project to replace... Read More >
- Interview: Atkins' Daressa Frodsham Atkins' new head of UK water, Daressa Frodsham, tells Robin Hackett that the company has what it takes to tackle the huge... Read More >
- Ready for resilience: Overcoming challenges on the BRP Working collaboratively with Severn Trent Water, independent infrastructure specialist Barhale has overcome some... Read More >
- Managed service web portal pays off for Anglian Water A map-based web portal using GPS positioning has enabled Anglian Water's mobile workforce to better handle its planning... Read More >
- Microbe management: MBBR upgrade at Bolton-upon-Dearne WwTW Galliford Try is installing a tertiary treatment system that is set to result in significant savings for Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Kier names Davies as new chief executive Kier Group has announced the appointment of Andrew Davies as chief executive with effect from 15 April.
- Severn Trent reveals first contractors for AMP7 Severn Trent has announced the details of the first contractors it intends to use to deliver its c£2 billion investment in its construction projects for AMP7.
- Thames Water agrees £200M leakage contracts Thames Water has signed contracts worth a combined £200 million with some of the industry's leading suppliers to find and fix more leaks than ever before across London and the Thames Valley.
- 'Business as usual' for Interserve after administration Interserve has entered administration after its rescue plan was voted down by shareholders on Friday.
- Mott MacDonald, Microsoft team up on smart infrastructure Mott MacDonald and Microsoft have announced a strategic partnership to deliver smart infrastructure.