View all topics > Contractors
Construction Leadership Council names Tideway's Mitchell as co-chair
Tideway chief executive Andy Mitchell has been appointed to replace Andrew Wolstenholme as co-chair of the Construction Leadership Council (CLC).
- Microbe management: MBBR upgrade at Bolton-upon-Dearne WwTW Galliford Try is installing a tertiary treatment system that is set to result in significant savings for Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Striking it out: How can the industry cut down utility strikes? Utility strikes are both costly and potentially fatal. With tens of thousands believed to occur in the UK every year, how... Read More >
- Interview: Black and Veatch's Mark Kaney Black and Veatch's new director of asset management for Europe, Mark Kaney, tells Robin Hackett how the company hopes to... Read More >
- PR19 Challenge Report - Supply Interruptions In the third in our series of PR19 Challenge Reports, which look in detail at each of the 14 common performance... Read More >
- Interview: Jacobs vice-president Bryan Harvey Robin Hackett speaks to Bryan Harvey, Jacobs' vice-president of utilities in Europe, about how integrating CH2M has... Read More >
- Anglian's VR programme: Finding real virtues in virtual reality Anglian Water's Steve Havvas tells Robin Hackett why the company's new VR training programme is attracting widespread... Read More >
- Tunnel vision: Building the Shieldhall sewer superstructure The Shieldhall Tunnel is Scotland's biggest sewer superstructure. Scottish Water's Dominic Flanagan and Costain's Neil... Read More >
- PR19 Challenge Report - Sewer Flooding In the second of our PR19 Challenge Reports, which look in detail at each of the 14 common performance commitments which... Read More >
- BIM: Managing Information Better NM Group has just earned verification from BSI for working at BIM level 2, but according to Gary Ross, Head of Digital... Read More >
- Jersey's shining sludge plant sets new standards When Jersey's Department for Infrastructure and Doosan Enpure had to replace Bellozanne sewage treatment works, they... Read More >
- Odour control: Galliford Try puts a lid on it The Galliford Try water team working for Southern Water is using an innovative cover system for two sludge consolidation... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Pumps as Turbines In this educational guide from WWT we look at Pumps as Turbines (PaT) applications, in which pumps can be run in reverse... Read More >
- Workforce wellbeing: opening Pandora's Box Caring about the wellbeing of your workforce in the utilities sector requires maturity and tenacity, writes Lanes Group... Read More >
- Interview: Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew Costain water sector director Maxine Mayhew discusses the company's shift towards smart infrastructure solutions and the... Read More >
- WWT challenge report: leakage In the first of our Challenge Reports looking at the 14 common performance commitments that water companies will be... Read More >
- Construction Leadership Council names Tideway's Mitchell as co-chair Tideway chief executive Andy Mitchell has been appointed to replace Andrew Wolstenholme as co-chair of the Construction Leadership Council (CLC).
- Clancy Group names Cannon as new CEO Clancy Group PLC has announced that its board of directors is appointing Matt Cannon as chief executive officer.
- NI Water to release £240M of contracts over 18 months Northern Ireland Water has announced it is releasing contracts to a value of £240 million over the next 18 months.
- Veolia technology to treat metaldehyde at Affinity WTW Veolia Water Technologies has secured a contract with Trant Engineering to deliver a new compact treatment stream for Affinity Water, supplying an Actiflo Carb to its water treatment works for the removal of metaldehyde from water.
- Nomenca wins place on South West Water MEICA framework Nomenca has secured positions on both lots on the MEICA Capital Works Framework Contract for South West Water (SWW) - covering AMP6 and AMP7 water and wastewater infrastructure projects across the region.