The end of 'business as usual' in the water sector?
James Connolly, head of partnerships at digital asset and works management company eviFile, assesses the message coming from Ofwat's PR19 determinations
- The end of 'business as usual' in the water sector? James Connolly, head of partnerships at digital asset and works management company eviFile, assesses the message coming... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Sewer modelling and CSOs in association with Innovyze In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Innovyze, we look at the subject of sewer modelling and... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Smart Water Networks In our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Novotek UK and Ireland, we look at the subject of smart... Read More >
- Ofwat's assessments keep water companies in check The regulator's initial assessment of water companies' business plans reveals that a tight financial settlement is on the... Read More >
- Ofwat's PR19 assessments: How the industry reacted After Ofwat published its initial assessments of water companies' business plans for 2020-25, we look at the responses... Read More >
- Offsite build powers South East Water's £22M treatment works expansion South East Water's expansion of Bray Keleher Water Treatment Works is in full swing, with offsite manufacture aiding... Read More >
- PR19 Challenge Report - Supply Interruptions In the third in our series of PR19 Challenge Reports, which look in detail at each of the 14 common performance... Read More >
- PR19 Challenge Report - Sewer Flooding In the second of our PR19 Challenge Reports, which look in detail at each of the 14 common performance commitments which... Read More >
- WWT Explains… Pumps as Turbines In this educational guide from WWT we look at Pumps as Turbines (PaT) applications, in which pumps can be run in reverse... Read More >
- WWT challenge report: leakage In the first of our Challenge Reports looking at the 14 common performance commitments that water companies will be... Read More >
- WWT Explains... Wastewater pump control and optimisation Welcome to our WWT Explains guide to wastewater pump control and optimisation, which has been produced in association with... Read More >
- Comment: Capital Maintenance comes to the fore The tight cost of capital set by Ofwat for PR19 will mean water companies will need to place the emphasis on maintenance... Read More >
- Interview: Yorkshire Water procurement head Andy Clark Yorkshire Water's Andy Clark tells Robin Hackett why the company is making major changes to its procurement strategy Read More >
- Beyond a pump in a box Whether it is installation, servicing and maintenance, energy-saving and performance advice, or data acquisition, pump... Read More >
- Interview: Stantec UK MD Cath Schefer After MWH merged into Stantec, the combined business is putting the focus squarely on collaboration and innovation to find... Read More >
- Ofwat proposes extra £12bn investment to build 'new era' Ofwat has proposed that water companies invest an extra £12 billion over the course of AMP7 while cutting bills by an average 12.7 per cent as it revealed its draft determinations for PR19.
- Severn Trent confirms more contractors for AMP7 Severn Trent has announced details of further contractors it intends to use to deliver its investment in its construction projects for AMP7.
- Ofwat provides early notice of concern to four companies Ofwat has announced that it is writing to Anglian Water, SES Water, Thames Water and Yorkshire Water to give them early notice that it has substantial concerns about their proposed costs for maintaining business-as-usual service ('base expenditure') for the 2020-25 period.
- Northumbrian hits the road to meet potential suppliers Northumbrian Water is taking to the road next week to encourage more local businesses to seek out opportunities to become its suppliers.
- Arup and Costain secure Yorkshire Water contract A joint venture between Arup and Costain has secured a health and safety assurance consultancy framework contract as part of Yorkshire Water's AMP7 capital investment programme.