Yorkshire Water opens solar power framework tender
Yorkshire Water has opened the tender for a new eight-year solar framework agreement covering the construction, operation, and maintenance of solar photovoltaic arrays.
Those awarded onto the framework will be able to bid for packages of sites when they are released for development. The first phase of the project is expected to begin in early 2021 and will include the construction of 30 solar power sites.
The framework covers the development of bespoke solar photovoltaic arrays across 150 Yorkshire Water sites to generate electricity to be purchased by the water company under a long-term private power purchase agreement, with surplus exported to the grid.
Yorkshire Water sourcing and contracts manager Scott Copley said: “This is a significant investment in our sites and renewable energy. We’re hoping bidding companies will bring new and innovative ideas to the table to ensure the project is delivered efficiently and provides the energy saving benefits to our business as part of our commitment to be Carbon net zero by 2030.”
Once the sites are operational it is estimated the electricity generated could reduce energy costs and save approximately 6,000 tonnes CO2 equivalent per year and enhance biodiversity.
Bidders have until 22 July to submit their requests to participate. Details of how to register interest can be found here.
- Poo-to-hydrogen project unveiled as Welsh Water works towards carbon neutral An innovative project to convert sewage into a zero-emission fuel has been given the green light - alongside a raft of... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water goes to CMA over Ofwat's final determination Yorkshire Water has asked Ofwat to refer its final determination to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA). Read More >
- Yorkshire Water testing sewage in Covid-19 early detection schemes Yorkshire Water is sampling sewage at 10 wastewater treatment works across the region as part of two projects to help... Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Water supply chain ‘mission critical' to net zero The water industry's Net Zero 2030 Routemap represents a step-change for the sector, in which increasing prominence is... Read More >
- What are the implications of the Environment Bill on the water industry? After the pandemic forced a seven-month pause in debate, the Environment Bill has returned to Parliament, precipitating... Read More >
- Road to net-zero: the challenges and opportunities for water Today, the water industry became the world's first sector to launch a collective plan to deliver net zero carbon emissions... Read More >
- Responsive environmental resilience Rich Matthews, MD at Siltbuster Process Solutions (SPS), talks about industry pressures, the current performance of water... Read More >