Yorkshire Water hands Sweco UK telemetry commission
Engineering, environment and design consultancy Sweco UK has secured a three-year commission with Yorkshire Water to manage the installation of telemetry assets at 1,200 wastewater sites.
Sweco’s asset management team will specify and install or upgrade monitoring devices across the water company’s sewer network.
The devices will provide accurate data every 15 minutes, allowing Yorkshire Water to monitor and manage the performance of its assets.
Leeds-headquartered Sweco’s team of engineers will manage the full delivery of the project from desktop and site surveys, to specifying the devices and managing installation contractors.
Jacqui Briggs, portfolio lead at Sweco, said: “Accurately monitoring and reporting the performance of wastewater assets will provide Yorkshire Water with vital intelligence as it continues to push on with its investment programme.
"We have worked with the utility provider for more than twelve years and welcome this opportunity to continue to assist them in meeting the needs of their customers while improving their infrastructure and data capture and analytics capabilities.”
Sweco is currently contracted on AMP6 frameworks with seven of the 12 UK water and sewerage companies, providing services across the full asset lifecycle.
- New tech delivers operational cost reductions for Affinity A data technology designed to enhance existing telemetry and SCADA information systems has proved its worth during a... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water CEO Flint to retire Yorkshire Water has announced that Richard Flint is to retire as chief executive with effect from September 12 and will be... Read More >
- Group set up to develop standards for fibre deployment in wastewater network Five water companies have joined forces to launch a Technical User Group (TUG) which will create a set of guidelines for... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Getting to the heart of sewer repair Wessex Water's award-winning Re-Rounder, inspired by heart surgery techniques, helps get deformed sewer networks back into... Read More >
- Through the keyhole: The King's Scholars' Pond project The use of keyhole engineering on Thames Water's King's Scholars' Pond project saved money and carbon while keeping London... Read More >
- Flushed with success: FOG and Unflushables Southern Water's FOG and Unflushables programme has brought a significant improvement in the state of its sewers. Robin... Read More >
- Will SfA8 make as big a splash as hoped? Martin Lambley, product manager for stormwater management at Wavin, looks at whether Sewers for Adoption 8 will meet... Read More >