Yorkshire Water hands Sweco UK telemetry commission
Engineering, environment and design consultancy Sweco UK has secured a three-year commission with Yorkshire Water to manage the installation of telemetry assets at 1,200 wastewater sites.
Sweco’s asset management team will specify and install or upgrade monitoring devices across the water company’s sewer network.
The devices will provide accurate data every 15 minutes, allowing Yorkshire Water to monitor and manage the performance of its assets.
Leeds-headquartered Sweco’s team of engineers will manage the full delivery of the project from desktop and site surveys, to specifying the devices and managing installation contractors.
Jacqui Briggs, portfolio lead at Sweco, said: “Accurately monitoring and reporting the performance of wastewater assets will provide Yorkshire Water with vital intelligence as it continues to push on with its investment programme.
"We have worked with the utility provider for more than twelve years and welcome this opportunity to continue to assist them in meeting the needs of their customers while improving their infrastructure and data capture and analytics capabilities.”
Sweco is currently contracted on AMP6 frameworks with seven of the 12 UK water and sewerage companies, providing services across the full asset lifecycle.
- New no-dig technology extends pipe life for Yorkshire Water Yorkshire Water plans to use a new ‘no dig' pipe lining system to increase the lifespan of its underground sewers and... Read More >
- Ofwat explains Thames price increase refusal Ofwat used comparative information provided by other water and sewerage companies to support its decisions concerning... Read More >
- South West Water uses drones and dye testing in sewer survey South West Water is using a combination of dye testing and drones to survey the sewer network in two villages in South... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Protect against sewer flooding At a time when building flood resilience is a national priority, innovative technologies can help keep sewer flooding... Read More >
- Tunnel vision: Building the Shieldhall sewer superstructure The Shieldhall Tunnel is Scotland's biggest sewer superstructure. Scottish Water's Dominic Flanagan and Costain's Neil... Read More >
- CENTAUR: Upsizing sewer storage The Water Industry Award-winning CENTAUR offers ‘virtual storage' within sewer networks to cut flood risk and reduce CSO... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Fighting the FOG Our innovation specials continue with an examination of new measures to improve sewer health by tackling fats, oils and... Read More >
- Top Tips for specifying concrete manholes Stuart Crisp, business development director for the British Precast Drainage Association, gives his top tips for... Read More >