Yorkshire Water appoints Stantec as £50M Strategic Planning Partner
Yorkshire Water has announced the major appointment of Stantec, previously MWH, as its sole Strategic Planning Partner (SPP) in a deal worth £50M, as the water firm prepares supply chain arrangements and contracts for the AMP7 period.
The major seven-year contract with Stantec, which completed the integration of MWH UK and MWH Treatment at the turn of the year, will commence in January 2018 until March 2025, with the potential to extend by an additional five years.
Stantec will provide a range of services to support Yorkshire Water’s strategic plan, working closely with the firm’s own highly skilled and innovative in-house team.
This will involve driving innovation in the approach to resolving risk – exploiting new technology, partnership working and use of markets. A commercial model arrangement will incentivise the delivery of results inspired by the creation of ideas leading to exceptional service to Yorkshire Water’s customers.
Nevil Muncaster, Yorkshire Water’s Director of Asset Management, said: “The appointment of Stantec demonstrates the first of a series of exciting changes that we are making to ensure that we excel in AMP7 and beyond.”
Stantec UK Managing Director Cath Schefer said: "I’m delighted that Stantec has been selected by Yorkshire Water to be its Strategic Planning Partner. We look forward to working in an integrated partnership to support the delivery of benefits to Yorkshire Water’s customers and the wider community.”
Yorkshire Water’s partnering arrangements throughout AMP7, which runs from 2020 to 2025, involve an investment of around £1.5BN and supply chain partners will need to demonstrate the highest standards of process safety and innovation.
On innovation, Nevil Muncaster of Yorkshire Water added: “Innovation is a key driving force, allowing delivery of more while keeping costs down and helping meet the challenges of climate change, population growth and economic pressures. Future supply chain partners will also need to support the development and delivery of low carbon solutions and enhance our use of standard products and solutions, off site construction and modular build.”
Yorkshire Water has deployed a ‘Six Capitals Model’ philosophy where supply chain partners will be asked to think beyond traditional construction and engineering requirements.
The model encompasses financial capital, manufactured capital, natural capital, social capital, human capital and intellectual capital, with each of these elements needing to be factored into project design. This approach is being embraced as the firm looks to drive environmental, sustainable and social outcomes, as well as purely economic and financial.
- Yorkshire Water fined £733K over 'wholly avoidable' death Yorkshire Water has been fined £733,000 after a fitter suffered fatal burns when his clothing was ignited by sparks. Read More >
- Yorkshire Water fined £600K for sewage leak Yorkshire Water has been fined £600,000 for allowing sewage to leak into a Staithes watercourse, close to a popular... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water awarded equality and diversity accreditation Yorkshire Water has become the first water company to receive the National Equality Standard (NES) accreditation, which... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >
- In Focus: Health, safety and wellbeing at Lanes Group Having introduced an array of creative solutions to improve health, safety and wellbeing, Lanes Group is showing the... Read More >