Xylem's Lewis takes over as BPMA president
Duncan Lewis, Managing Director of Xylem Water Solutions UK Ltd, has been appointed President of the British Pump Manufacturers Association (BPMA).
The role was officially passed on at the recent BPMA Annual General Meeting, where Peter Reynolds, former BPMA President and Managing Director of Grundfos Pumps Ltd, congratulated his successor.
The new president is expected to serve a two-year term at the helm of the organisation, which keeps its member organisations updated on regulations that affect them, lobbies government and regulators on pump industry-specific issues and provides a forum for networking and knowledge sharing.
Duncan Lewis commented: “I have been involved with the BPMA for a number of years, so it fills me with pride and excitement to be given this opportunity to head this organisation as President. I look forward to the experience and challenges this will bring as we work together to continue to raise the voice of the pump industry and increase sector awareness.”
Steve Schofield, Director and Chief Executive of the BPMA concluded: “It was our pleasure to make Duncan the new President of the BPMA. Duncan has worked hard to encourage the uptake of technical support and pump technology training to members, operators and purchasers of pumping equipment. He has been hands-on from the start and has played a vital role in the association as Vice President. No doubt he will call upon this experience during presidency.”
- Thames proposes 11% rise in customer bills to fund Tideway Tunnel Thames Water is seeking an 11% increase in customer water bills between 2015 and 2020 to help pay for the proposed Thames... Read More >
- ‘Monster' sewage grinders protect Scottish Water pumping station Scottish Water has resolved ragging issues at a problematic pumping station by the installation of two innovative sewage... Read More >
- Danes test phosphorus extraction technology A Danish partnership project to test technologies to extract phosphorus from wastewater has been set up by the utility... Read More >
- Increasing biogas yields from thickened sludge High-performance pumping was crucial to an Anglian Water project to improve the yield of biogas from sludge at a... Read More >
- Pump maintenance: keeping it pumping Maintaining pumps in top condition is a vital consideration in the totex equation for pumping assets, and water utilities... Read More >
- Why do motors fail? Pump motors can run for half a century if they are properly maintained, writes Dave Hawley Read More >
- Becoming a smart pump buyer When specifying a new pumping system, asset owners need to be able to answer key questions about their requirements,... Read More >
- Dewatering pump maintenance: Keep moving Maintaining your dewatering pumps goes a long way, writes Joe Moser, pump product manager, Atlas Copco Construction... Read More >