Xylem's Lewis takes over as BPMA president
Duncan Lewis, Managing Director of Xylem Water Solutions UK Ltd, has been appointed President of the British Pump Manufacturers Association (BPMA).
The role was officially passed on at the recent BPMA Annual General Meeting, where Peter Reynolds, former BPMA President and Managing Director of Grundfos Pumps Ltd, congratulated his successor.
The new president is expected to serve a two-year term at the helm of the organisation, which keeps its member organisations updated on regulations that affect them, lobbies government and regulators on pump industry-specific issues and provides a forum for networking and knowledge sharing.
Duncan Lewis commented: “I have been involved with the BPMA for a number of years, so it fills me with pride and excitement to be given this opportunity to head this organisation as President. I look forward to the experience and challenges this will bring as we work together to continue to raise the voice of the pump industry and increase sector awareness.”
Steve Schofield, Director and Chief Executive of the BPMA concluded: “It was our pleasure to make Duncan the new President of the BPMA. Duncan has worked hard to encourage the uptake of technical support and pump technology training to members, operators and purchasers of pumping equipment. He has been hands-on from the start and has played a vital role in the association as Vice President. No doubt he will call upon this experience during presidency.”
- UU makes 'good progress' to get Keswick WTW operating after storm United Utilities (UU) hopes to have its Keswick water treatment works back up and running tomorrow after it and the... Read More >
- Record-breaking pumps ordered for Hull A contract for the design, manufacture and installation of one of the world's largest Archimedes screw pumping stations... Read More >
- Northumbrian completes £11M eel protection project Northumbrian Water has announced that it has completed work to help protect endangered eel species and fish in the River... Read More >
- Going green at Severn Trent's Minworth STW With a £60 million investment aimed at producing 30 per cent more green energy from its largest sewage treatment works,... Read More >
- Case Study: Pumping up quality at Burnham Jetty A year's worth of planning, seamless collaboration and technical expertise were crucial to the success of a complex... Read More >
- Thames Water rolls out energy-reducing sludge pump solution A smart air injection (SAI) system combined with progressive cavity pumps is proving key to more efficient sludge handling... Read More >
- Overcoming the issues of transporting dewatered sludge With Ofwat seeking to promote sludge trading to secure best value, efficient transportation solutions are required, SEEPEX... Read More >
- Case study: A customised pump solution for Hinkley Point A bespoke pumping system is proving key to the water management strategy for the major nuclear project in Somerset Read More >