Xylem in Manchester City partnership
Xylem has announced a global multi-year partnership with Premier League Champions Manchester City to become the club's official water technology partner.
- Capital's infrastructure needs integrated water approach
- Energy and utilities CEOs launch sector inclusion commitment
- Thames helps develop new mental health first aid guidance
- Yorkshire Water starts smart analytics trial to help battle leakage
- Six water companies back sanitary disposal bag initiative
The partnership was announced yesterday at an event in Singapore, attended by former City player and England international Joleon Lescott, during the Singapore International Water Week. Xylem will also partner with City’s sister club New York City FC and the Manchester City women’s team.
Through the partnership, Xylem aims to raise awareness about pressing global water challenges and solutions. Xylem will also work with Manchester City on Xylem Watermark projects, such as building water towers in communities around the world without access to clean water.
Xylem branding will feature at the Club’s Etihad Stadium on matchdays and also at the City Football Academy.
Damian Willoughby, Senior Vice President of Partnership at City Football Group, said: “We are delighted to announce this new partnership with Xylem. Manchester City and Xylem share a common commitment to operating in a sustainable and innovative way, whilst enhancing the lives of people in our communities around the world. We are excited to harness the global appeal of football to raise awareness of water challenges and support Xylem’s efforts to tackle these issues.”
Patrick Decker, President and CEO of Xylem, said: “We are thrilled to be partnering with Manchester City and excited to engage with their amazing fans around the world. From our first meeting, it was clear that City’s value system was aligned with Xylem’s. Our purpose as a company is to create both economic and social value. We do that every day by bringing solutions to market that solve water needs and challenges, and through our Xylem Watermark program. To partner with a Club that is committed to bringing about positive social change through football is a natural fit. Working with Manchester City, we will extend our reach to their massive fan base and, in doing so, increase our ability to create social value.”
- NSCC and UKCG merger to form Build UK The National Specialist Contractors' Council and the UK Contractors Group have announced their intention to merge to form... Read More >
- Drones and devices set to measure lake water quality Experts are testing cutting-edge techniques designed to enhance the monitoring of water worldwide as part of the €5... Read More >
- Chris Loughlin appointed Deputy Chair of British Water Chris Loughlin, Group Chief Executive of Pennon Group Plc - owner of South West Water and Viridor - is to take up the... Read More >
- Overcoming the issues of transporting dewatered sludge With Ofwat seeking to promote sludge trading to secure best value, efficient transportation solutions are required, SEEPEX... Read More >
- Case study: A customised pump solution for Hinkley Point A bespoke pumping system is proving key to the water management strategy for the major nuclear project in Somerset Read More >
- Deragger proves benefits in wide-ranging trial An innovative device which keeps sewage pumps free of rag has been shown in an independent trial to save energy as well as... Read More >
- Correct installation wrings all the benefits from borehole drives Variable speed drives are helping to make borehole extraction more efficient and reliable - but there are technical... Read More >
- Benefits of variable speed drives in borehole pumping Borehole and submersible pumping can benefit from the use of variable speed drives, but specialist expertise is required Read More >