WWT webinar to reveal insights from Yorkshire Water's smart network pilot
WWTonline will be running a webinar next Tuesday, 8 September, which delves into the challenge of building a smart network.
The session will hear from Yorkshire Water’s innovation programme manager Sam Bright, who will talk through an ambitious smart water network project in which data from multiple sources are integrated within a single platform.
The pilot project involved 15 vendor companies with the goal of enabling Yorkshire Water to deliver AMP7 outcome delivery incentives (ODIs) on leakage, per capita consumption, supply interruptions and customer satisfaction.
Yorkshire Water will share insights on how it used the functionality of the Xylem View platform, including machine learning, to cluster the many datasets, remove false positives and inform operations.
The webinar will provide an overview of the year-long pilot, and will discuss the challenges faced and the benefits already being realised within the first half of the project.
The session will conclude with a live audience Q&A.
- Z stick used to measure depth of pipes Engineers from Northumbrian Water are using a tool which helps measure the depth of underground water pipes. Read More >
- nmcn wins place on Yorkshire Water framework nmcn has been awarded a place on Yorkshire Water's Permanent Access Fabrication framework. Read More >
- Lost revenue is biggest Covid risk facing utilities Non-payment of customer bills poses the biggest Covid-19 threat to water utilities worldwide, research presented at the... Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Making the future the present Harry Cowan, chief executive of Power and Water Ltd challenges water industry decision makers and the regulator to eschew... Read More >
- Water Innovation 2050: what next for the sector? Welcome to 2050. The Innovation 2050 document has been published, setting out the key principles of an innovation... Read More >
- Innovation could improve performance and transform water The Environment Agency's 2019 environmental performance report highlights some of the complex challenges facing water... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >