WWT Webinar to highlight strategies for pipeline management
WWT Online will be introducing a new webinar on managing pipeline assets on Monday 14 September.
The session will present knowledge from Scottish Water’s water service strategy team leader (trunk mains) Laura Burnett, based on the utility’s experiences deploying Xylem in-line assessment tools.
The company’s water service strategy trunk mains team oversees 6,700 kilometres of large-diameter mains in Scotland.
The projects to be covered in this webinar look at how these assets are managed to achieve maximum risk control, while continuing to deliver high-quality drinking water.
The session will describe the challenges faced and benefits realised in undertaking these projects.
Technology experts from Xylem will introduce the assessment technologies employed, which can help to detect leaks, assess pipe condition and provide real-time alerts to systems operators.
The session will conclude with a live audience Q&A.
- Scottish Water Group records 12% rise in renewable energy use Scottish Water Group has increased its renewable energy by 12% in the past year, as a growing number of its water and... Read More >
- Aquabox responds to Cyclone Amphan UK charity Aquabox has managed a rapid response to the Amphan storm in the Bay of Bengal, despite the charity having been... Read More >
- AI technology being adopted by water companies Stantec and AECOM have both agreed partnerships with EnginSoft in an effort to help water companies adopt artificial... Read More >
- Expansion of SuDS schemes will help alleviate flooding events David Smoker, chair of BPF Pipes Group, talks about how the expansion of the UK government's SuDS scheme should help solve Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >
- Techniques to Inform and improve aeration system design and operation Rowland Minall, Operations Director, Aqua Enviro explains the techniques available to inform and improve aeration system... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Carrying out a pipeline assessment A look at how Anglian Water used pipeline assessment technology to determine the condition and remaining service life of a... Read More >