WWT Webinar to highlight strategies for pipeline management
WWT Online will be introducing a new webinar on managing pipeline assets on Monday 14 September.
The session will present knowledge from Scottish Water’s water service strategy team leader (trunk mains) Laura Burnett, based on the utility’s experiences deploying Xylem in-line assessment tools.
The company’s water service strategy trunk mains team oversees 6,700 kilometres of large-diameter mains in Scotland.
The projects to be covered in this webinar look at how these assets are managed to achieve maximum risk control, while continuing to deliver high-quality drinking water.
The session will describe the challenges faced and benefits realised in undertaking these projects.
Technology experts from Xylem will introduce the assessment technologies employed, which can help to detect leaks, assess pipe condition and provide real-time alerts to systems operators.
The session will conclude with a live audience Q&A.
- Webinar on demand: Nature-based solutions 'massively underused' for wastewater treatment There is a "huge opportunity" for the water sector to build more decentralised wastewater treatment facilities... Read More >
- Drinking water network optimisation cuts cost of energy per mega-litre Three water utilities have cut the volume and cost of energy use across their drinking water networks by implementing... Read More >
- £600k fund for Yorkshire businesses to support anaerobic digestion innovation Eligible businesses across Yorkshire are being urged to apply for a share of £600k to support their anaerobic digestion... Read More >
- How to achieve improved reliability of service Richard Broome, managing director and founder of LSBUD, talks about why a consistent service is key to customer... Read More >
- Expansion of SuDS schemes will help alleviate flooding events David Smoker, chair of BPF Pipes Group, talks about how the expansion of the UK government's SuDS scheme should help solve Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >
- Techniques to Inform and improve aeration system design and operation Rowland Minall, Operations Director, Aqua Enviro explains the techniques available to inform and improve aeration system... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >