New WWT webinar will explore water's cross-sector innovation strategy
A new WWT webinar will discuss plans for a new cross-sector innovation strategy being developed by UKWIR and water companies as part of the sector's commitment to a new £200m innovation fund in AMP7.
This will be the second event in WWT’s new webinar series Inside Innovation, and will be held on 8 June 11:30am-12pm.
During the webinar, UKWIR chief executive Steve Kaye and Andrea Gysin, head of research, development & innovation at Thames Water, will talk about the development of a sector-wide strategy for innovation, which Ofwat has called for to steer the priorities and activities of the £200m research competition launched for AMP7.
As well as revealing more about these activities, Kaye will also give his views on the benefits he expects the new fund to bring and the challenges the industry faces as it looks to tackle the ambitious goal of transforming the sector.
UKWIR has brought together representatives from 19 water companies in the UK and Ireland and appointed Arup to coordinate the development of a draft strategy by the end of June.
The organisation is planning a variety of engagements with stakeholders to inform the thinking through the development of the draft strategy, so this webinar is an invaluable opportunity to hear more about this exciting initiative.
Sign up for WWT’s second Inside Innovation webinar here.
- Water firms urged to speed up progress on innovation The rate of uptake of new technologies by water companies is causing ongoing frustration within the supply chain, results... Read More >
- WWT's latest Keeping Connected webinar delves into collaboration and data for innovation The latest in WWT's Keeping Connected webinar series will look at how novel strategies for collaboration and data... Read More >
- WWT working with Ofwat to deliver innovation webinar WWT, in association with Ofwat, will be hosting a webinar to highlight the regulator's plans to drive transformational... Read More >
- How tech is helping water companies improve lockdown customer service Bobby Bahia, commercial director for transport & infrastructure at Totalmobile, discusses hw technology innovations and... Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Making the future the present Harry Cowan, chief executive of Power and Water Ltd challenges water industry decision makers and the regulator to eschew... Read More >
- Water Innovation 2050: what next for the sector? Welcome to 2050. The Innovation 2050 document has been published, setting out the key principles of an innovation... Read More >
- Innovation could improve performance and transform water The Environment Agency's 2019 environmental performance report highlights some of the complex challenges facing water... Read More >