New WWT webinar will explore water's cross-sector innovation strategy
A new WWT webinar will discuss plans for a new cross-sector innovation strategy being developed by UKWIR and water companies as part of the sector's commitment to a new £200m innovation fund in AMP7.
This will be the second event in WWT’s new webinar series Inside Innovation, and will be held on 8 June 11:30am-12pm.
During the webinar, UKWIR chief executive Steve Kaye and Andrea Gysin, head of research, development & innovation at Thames Water, will talk about the development of a sector-wide strategy for innovation, which Ofwat has called for to steer the priorities and activities of the £200m research competition launched for AMP7.
As well as revealing more about these activities, Kaye will also give his views on the benefits he expects the new fund to bring and the challenges the industry faces as it looks to tackle the ambitious goal of transforming the sector.
UKWIR has brought together representatives from 19 water companies in the UK and Ireland and appointed Arup to coordinate the development of a draft strategy by the end of June.
The organisation is planning a variety of engagements with stakeholders to inform the thinking through the development of the draft strategy, so this webinar is an invaluable opportunity to hear more about this exciting initiative.
Sign up for WWT’s second Inside Innovation webinar here.
- Yorkshire Water tenders £800m clean water contract Yorkshire Water is tendering five new lots as part of a £800 million clean water reactive R&M contract which it says will... Read More >
- United Utilities begins global hunt for gamechanging tech United Utilities has launched its third Innovation Lab - the accelerator programme which helps innovative businesses grow... Read More >
- Water firms urged to speed up progress on innovation The rate of uptake of new technologies by water companies is causing ongoing frustration within the supply chain, results... Read More >
- A smarter water future Andrew Welsh, General Manager for Water Utilities at Xylem Water Solutions UK, talks about how we can future-proof water... Read More >
- Build Back Better and SMART Rich Matthews, managing director of Siltbuster Process Solutions, talks about being more strategic and thinking smarter in... Read More >
- What we learnt from WWT's net zero webathon The water industry has made the ambitious pledge to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2030, 20 years ahead of the... Read More >
- How new tech twists on legacy processes are helping turn the tide on water leaks Victoria Edwards, chief executive of FIDO Tech, talks about leakage and how the water sector's drive for innovation is... Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >