WWT's Sustainable Water conference shortlisted for award
Water & Wastewater Treatment magazine's inaugural Sustainable Water 2012 conference has been shortlisted for an award. The ambitious two-day event examined how water companies can deliver the sustainable outcomes needed by customers, the environment and the economy.
Some 150 delegates attended the thought-provoking plenary sessions, practical innovation workshops and interactive panel discussions delivered by 40 industry experts. It has been shortlisted in the national Conference Awards 2013, Best Publication-led Conference category - the winner will be announced on 7 June, full details at www.conferenceawards.co.uk.
Head of events, Mark Baker, said, “The 2012 event was a resounding success, with 150 attendees, two major sponsors and 12 exhibitors. It is the flagship event for our growing portfolio of WWT conferences which delve deeper on issues such as customer engagement, asset management, innovation and wastewater networks. We expect the 2013 event to be even better.”
Sustainable Water 2013 takes place on 10-11 September the programme will be announced soon at www.sustainable-water.co.uk.
- Severn Trent engineer wins National Apprenticeship Award Heeran Basi, an engineer apprentice at Severn Trent Water Ltd, has been named the PeoplePlus-sponsored Advanced Apprentice... Read More >
- AD contract awarded Imtech, as part of the Tamesis team - a joint venture between Laing O'Rourke and Imtech Water, Waste and Energy - has been... Read More >
- Minister promises SuDS legislation in autumn The new minister with responsibility for water, Dan Rogerson, says the delayed regime for sustainable drainage systems... Read More >
- Opinion: We need to talk about water If different sectors of society work in unison to manage our collective water resources, we will find more sustainable... Read More >
- Smartening up: Is UK water metering ready for a smart revolution? Smart metering shows signs it can bring significant improvements on water consumption, leakage and more. But what will it... Read More >
- Interview: Guy Thompson, Managing Director, EnTrade Wessex Water has recently spun out EnTrade - the trading platform it developed for environmental catchment interventions –... Read More >
- Mapping the need for sanitation and investment The use of flow diagrams is allowing WaterAid teams to focus water industry innovation and investment on the urban areas... Read More >
- Service reservoir project refreshes supply in Burton-on-Trent Stonbury's project to construct a new service reservoir for South Staffs Water achieved the best whole-life asset solution... Read More >