WWT publishes guide to pumps and valves sector
WWT has published its latest pump and valve supplement - a regular look at the latest best practice, innovations, and case studies in this area.
This year has been a tough one for everyone. The coronavirus pandemic has hit every sector in every country in the world, and pump manufacturers have had their own set of problems, such as drops in water supply output, which has added to their travails.
One of the only ways OEMs are going to be able to overcome the effects of the pandemic is by innovating and making sure they keep with the times in terms of digital services.
A case study on page 13 gives an example of great innovation, as it discusses how new pumps fitted with ABB variable speed drives increase pumping capacity, improve reliability, and reduce noise
pollution at Anglian Water’s Kentford Moulton site.
Another case study on page 9 looks at how Celeros Flow Technology’s new Uniglide-e range is offering
improved reliability and energy saving potential. On page 11, Lawrence Bradbury, director of engineering at Selwood, talks about how a perfect storm of Covid-19 and European legislation
threatened to cause a major headache for OEMs, and what they have done to cope with these issues.
- Poo-to-hydrogen project unveiled as Welsh Water works towards carbon neutral An innovative project to convert sewage into a zero-emission fuel has been given the green light - alongside a raft of... Read More >
- Webinar on demand: Decarbonisation needs 'more collaboration than ever before' The water sector will need to collaborate "more than ever before" to meet its decarbonisation goals,... Read More >
- Anglian Water announces latest apprenticeship recruitment drive Anglian Water is launching 38 new apprenticeship positions encouraging people to consider working within the utilities... Read More >
- Strong supplier partnership brings leak detection advancement With leak reduction and innovation prominent in the UK water sector's net zero carbon vision, strong partnerships between... Read More >
- Connecting Greece to the UK with NextGen circular developments A sewer mining project in Athens is testing augmented reality (AR) to drive public engagement. With a very high... Read More >
- Meet the judges of the Water Industry Awards 2021 WWT chats to some of the judges of the 2021 WIAs, to find out what they are most excited about for this year's awards. Read More >
- Flood resilience: what you need to know Geoff Williams, northern sales manager at Sykes Pumps, discusses the need for businesses and local authorities to think... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >