WWT publishes new Explains guide on wastewater pump optimisation
Organisations wanting to learn more about wastewater pump optimisation can do so by downloading our latest WWT Explains guide, produced in association with Grundfos.
The nine-page guide breaks down everything you need to know about the S-tube impeller pump – a new pump design which is proving transformational for wastewater.
The UK has a big challenge in the form of wastewater. The nation’s pipes, pumps and treatment plants are creaking under rising pressure. Whether it’s a sudden downpour, a new housing development or an unexpected item showing up in the wastewater, utilities must adapt their systems to meet changing demands.
Wastewater pumps have a central part to play within this response. Just last month, August 2020, a prolonged heatwave across the UK gave way to heavy downpours in parts, producing floods in the worst-hit areas. The right pumping system can prevent combined sewers from overflowing under these circumstances.
The guide covers the following topic areas:
- What is an S-tube impeller pump and how can it be seen as transformational for wastewater?
- What were the results of field testing the S-tube impeller pump?
- How can the S-tube help water companies to deliver on their performance commitments for AMP7?
- What are the properties of conventional wastewater pump designs?
- How are the challenges of conventional pump designs commonly overcome?
- How does the S-tube’s efficiency curve compare to a conventional wastewater pump?
- How has the S-tube advanced the capacity of free passage through the pump hydraulic?
- How does the S-tube impeller pump’s vane-free design influence wear rates?
- How did modern computer science enable the design process for the S-tube impeller?
- Important scientific data goes public in water industry first A new database that contains important information on trace chemicals found in treated wastewater has gone live and, in a... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water partners Ward and Burke for new treatment works Yorkshire Water has named Ward and Burke as its capital partner for the construction of its new Withernsea wastewater... Read More >
- Wessex Water to spend £50m on water treatment centre Wessex Water is investing £50 million to improve and rebuild its Durleigh Water Treatment Centre near Bridgwater. Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Making the future the present Harry Cowan, chief executive of Power and Water Ltd challenges water industry decision makers and the regulator to eschew... Read More >
- Water Innovation 2050: what next for the sector? Welcome to 2050. The Innovation 2050 document has been published, setting out the key principles of an innovation... Read More >
- Innovation could improve performance and transform water The Environment Agency's 2019 environmental performance report highlights some of the complex challenges facing water... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >