WWT pivots to digital and events brand
Water & Wastewater Treatment (WWT) - the UK's leading water industry magazine since 1955 – is pivoting to a fully digital and events brand from June 2020.
“WWT will deliver the same high-quality content readers have come to expect, but exclusively through its website and events platforms”, said Angela Himus, WWT publisher.
“At a time of unprecedented digital transformation in the sector, and with net zero carbon an overarching goal for the sector, WWT is also embracing the opportunities of the digital world to give the modern water practitioner easy and timely access to essential content, online training, and virtual networking.”
WWT covers the whole water cycle from clean drinking water to safe sewerage services, providing unrivalled information on new technology and operational excellence. As a digital and events brand, WWT will carry on with its mission to make water work, by connecting water companies, tier 1s and the industry supply chain with the technology, equipment and services they need to meet their operational, regulatory and environmental targets.
To mark the changes, WWT has launched an exciting new programme of digital content to inspire innovation and support technical and operational best practice.
In addition to the digital weekly newsletter, in-depth downloadable Explains guides and Case Study series, readers will now find a carefully curated programme of webinars and digital conferences on to integrate with their daily workflow.
The new digital events programme includes:
- Keeping Connected webinars to stimulate discussion and connections around key technical challenges in water security, asset management, the journey to net-zero carbon, drinking water, wastewater, and innovation. Each event will be followed by technical pitches from the water industry supply chain.
- Innovation Leaders webinars to foster industry innovation and collaboration.
- ‘Give me 5’ technical pitches where five technology providers pitch their solutions to a specific operational challenge
- Learn@Lunch webinars to help engineers and technicians stay abreast of product research, development, and innovation.
- Virtual conferences will take our popular programme of live events online, where delegates can hear from WWT’s expert speakers and experience exciting new ways of networking, discovering content and meeting new suppliers.