WWT launches Inside Innovation webinar series
New series invites innovation leaders to share breakthroughs and best practice
WWT has launched a new webinar series named Inside Innovation, in which it will interview sector innovation leaders to shed light on their experience of bringing forward transformational projects which tackle some of the UK water industry’s biggest challenges.
The webinar series will begin on 18 May at 11.45 and the first episode will feature an interview with SES Water’s Jeremy Heath, who has recently completed the first phase of a project to create a leakage innovation “heat map” for the UK water sector.
The project aimed to identify areas of duplication and gaps in the focus of innovation projects across the sector which are targeted at minimising leakage levels.
In the launch event for WWT’s new virtual event series, Heath will speak about the need for the project, the key challenges he encountered in bringing it to fulfilment and lessons learned which might help him, or other innovation leaders in the sector, support bigger and better outcomes from future projects.
Heath will also provide his perspective on collaborative efforts underway to create a common sector innovation strategy, as requested by Ofwat as a condition for the launch of its new innovation fund.
You can register for the event here.
The new Inside Innovation series will run on a fortnightly basis with a different innovation leader interviewed each time. The series aims to increase visibility of outputs from key innovation schemes which could help the sector deliver its stretching public interest commitments – such as achieving net zero emissions from the sector by 2030 – and other challenges, such as UKWIR’s “Twelve big questions”.
- Anglian Water partners with WaterStart Anglian Water has become the first water company in Europe to join US based, water innovation organisation, WaterStart. Read More >
- Fibre-optic cables used to detect leaks Anglian Water is trialling the use of fibre-optic cables to find hidden leaks in water mains. Read More >
- SES Water working with partners to meet leakage reduction target SES Water has recruited three new key technology partners in an effort to meet its ambitious leakage reduction target. Read More >
- A smarter water future Andrew Welsh, General Manager for Water Utilities at Xylem Water Solutions UK, talks about how we can future-proof water... Read More >
- Build Back Better and SMART Rich Matthews, managing director of Siltbuster Process Solutions, talks about being more strategic and thinking smarter in... Read More >
- What we learnt from WWT's net zero webathon The water industry has made the ambitious pledge to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2030, 20 years ahead of the... Read More >
- How new tech twists on legacy processes are helping turn the tide on water leaks Victoria Edwards, chief executive of FIDO Tech, talks about leakage and how the water sector's drive for innovation is... Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >