WWT gears up for Journey to Net Zero webathon
WWT is preparing to host five webinars next week, each looking at a different aspect of the water sector's journey to net-zero carbon.
The launch event for the Journey to net zero “webathon”, on 22 June, will include an inspirational keynote to supercharge the industry’s determination to tackle the grand challenges ahead as it aims to become a net zero sector by 2030.
This motivational scene-setting keynote will be followed by discussion between leading industry authorities on our “In focus” decarbonisation topic – energy use and generation.
The second of the five webinars will scrutinise the challenges and opportunities in driving carbon emissions out of water and wastewater treatment processes.
On day three, speakers will explore the progress of the sector in adopting electric vehicles and other low-carbon options for movement of people and equipment.
Day four will focus on the complex challenge to reducing capital carbon and carbon embedded in industry construction projects.
The final discussion will look at biodiversity and environmental rehabilitation. In this session, specialist speakers highlight pros and cons, as well as progress on this critical element in the industry’s decarbonisation agenda.
Confirmed speakers for the five days include Northumbrian Water chief executive Heidi Mottram, Welsh Water director of environment Tony Harrington, and Anglian Water head of carbon neutrality David Riley.
The webinars will be held between 11:30 and 12:30 each day starting 22 June.
- Anglian Water to carry out solar installation Anglian Water is set to carry out an installation of solar panels at one of its key operational sites in Huntingdonshire... Read More >
- Portsmouth Water launches biodiversity grant scheme Portsmouth Water has launched its first biodiversity grant scheme, which will be funded by the water firm up to a total of... Read More >
- Anglian Water opens invasive species fund for applications Anglian Water has opened its invasive species fund for applications, with more than a month left to apply for grants of up... Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Water supply chain ‘mission critical' to net zero The water industry's Net Zero 2030 Routemap represents a step-change for the sector, in which increasing prominence is... Read More >
- What are the implications of the Environment Bill on the water industry? After the pandemic forced a seven-month pause in debate, the Environment Bill has returned to Parliament, precipitating... Read More >
- Road to net-zero: the challenges and opportunities for water Today, the water industry became the world's first sector to launch a collective plan to deliver net zero carbon emissions... Read More >
- Responsive environmental resilience Rich Matthews, MD at Siltbuster Process Solutions (SPS), talks about industry pressures, the current performance of water... Read More >