Wilo boss named as new president of BPMA
Richard Harden, Managing Director of Wilo UK, has been announced as the new President of the British Pump Manufacturers Association (BPMA).
Harden replaces previous president Duncan Lewis, who stepped down after one year following his departure from the industry. The role was officially passed on at the BPMA Annual General Meeting following a vote among the BPMA’s members.
Steve Schofield, Director and Chief Executive of the BPMA commented, “This is a great accolade and one that reflects the continuing efforts that Richard makes to raise the profile of the industry in general and to tackle the tough issues that it faces today. The BPMA has enjoyed the support and engagement of some very talented people at its helm over the years, and we are delighted to now have Richard join that impressive line-up. I look forward to working with him as we continue to drive the association forward.”
Harden has worked for Wilo for 11 years and has served as Managing Director since 2016. He takes over the presidency of the association at a time when Brexit is bringing significant uncertainty to the pump business and supply chain.
“Being elected as President of the BPMA is a great honour and to take on the role in these somewhat difficult times will no doubt be challenging. Brexit is clearly a very important subject with potential opportunities and threats for our industry, but I am sure with the help and support of BPMA staff, its Board and its Council we will meet this challenge.”
- NM Group achieves collaborative working standard The NM Group has announced it has achieved the British Standard for Collaborative Working, BS 11000-1:2010. The standard... Read More >
- Anglian fined £50k for Essex sewage spill Anglian Water has been fined £50,000 after sewage contaminated a brook through an emergency overflow pipe killing more than... Read More >
- Devon Marina succeeds with DIY dredging operation A marina in south Devon has broken with the norm by carrying out its own DIY dredging operation, saving time money and... Read More >
- Overcoming the issues of transporting dewatered sludge With Ofwat seeking to promote sludge trading to secure best value, efficient transportation solutions are required, SEEPEX... Read More >
- Case study: A customised pump solution for Hinkley Point A bespoke pumping system is proving key to the water management strategy for the major nuclear project in Somerset Read More >
- Deragger proves benefits in wide-ranging trial An innovative device which keeps sewage pumps free of rag has been shown in an independent trial to save energy as well as... Read More >
- Correct installation wrings all the benefits from borehole drives Variable speed drives are helping to make borehole extraction more efficient and reliable - but there are technical... Read More >
- Benefits of variable speed drives in borehole pumping Borehole and submersible pumping can benefit from the use of variable speed drives, but specialist expertise is required Read More >