Wessex Water chooses Servelec for SCADA upgrade
Wessex Water is set to upgrade its telemetry and SCADA systems after selecting Servelec Technologies, the provider of data collection, control and optimisation solutions, for the work.
The utility will replace its Scope5 SCADA system with the latest Prism5 User Interface. Wessex Water has been using Scope5 and its predecessor to monitor its water and wastewater estate for over 20 years.
Servelec’s Prism5 system will cover all Wessex’s water and wastewater assets. Its data collection and controls are automated through Servelec’s range of Seprol Remote Telemetry Units which are supplied under a recently extended framework agreement.
As part of the upgrade to Prism5, Wessex Water will receive a suite of user interfaces that are suitable for both control room and mobile use. Prism5 has a flexible user interface providing compatibility and scalability across different technologies via HTML5, improving the user experience and delivering tangible results.
Andy Sullivan, Managing Director of Servelec Technologies said: “Having worked with Wessex Water for over 20 years we understand what they demand in an integrated system to enable them to deliver the key requirement of improved customer service as mandated by AMP6.
“As the leading provider of an end-to-end data collection, control and optimisation solution Servelec helps water companies to improve asset automation and control, reduce leakage, delver cost savings and improve customer service.”
- Northumbrian goes 100% renewable with green electricity deal Northumbrian Water has announced that it is to power all 1,858 of its sites using renewable electricity for the next four... Read More >
- Scottish Water fined for sewage pollution at Doune Stirling Sheriff Court has fined Scottish Water £6,000 for causing untreated sewage to enter the Dragon Burn, a tributary... Read More >
- New EnTrade scheme helps farmers protect Poole Harbour A group of farmers in Dorset have been equally rewarded by Wessex Water for growing cover crops that brought reductions in... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >