Webinar: Put your questions to Ofwat
WWT readers can put their questions to Ofwat during an upcoming webinar which will highlight the regulator's plans to drive transformational innovation.
As part of the webinar, which is taking place on 16 March at 2pm, the regulator will also be addressing key strategic challenges such as climate change and population growth.
The discussion will challenge the water companies, supply chain and other key actors to step up and take a leading role in encouraging the necessary change and embedding a culture of innovation in the sector.
With the water regulator recently confirming that an additional £200 million will be made available through an innovation competition between 2020 and 2025 and calling on the water companies to come together through a new innovation strategy, Ofwat will also provide an update on where they are in the process, what they want to achieve through the innovation competition and their plans around open data.
Those who sign up for the webinar will get the opportunity to submit questions to speaker Clothilde Cantegreil, who has been leading the innovation work at Ofwat since she joined the regulator in June 2019.
The discussion will also feature Denise Massey, managing director at the Energy Innovation Centre (EIC), who will share her experience of how fostering collaboration and partnerships in other sectors has led to improvements in innovation.
Key takeaways will include:
- Hearing what Ofwat’s ambitions and expectations are for innovation in the sector
- Finding out how your organisation can play a leading role and work collaboratively with others to drive innovation forward
- Gaining a perspective from another sector
- Understanding next steps on the innovation competition
WWT content director Alec Peachey said: “This event represents a great opportunity to hear more about Ofwat’s innovation competition and to put your questions to the regulator about this important subject area. We’ve already received a strong number of registrations and I’d encourage everyone to register for this exciting event.”
To register for the event visit https://wwtonline.co.uk/webinars/cracking-innovation-together
- Sensor technology pilot highlights value of real-time dam monitoring Northumbrian Water has joined forces with Amey Consulting to explore how real-time measuring of dam movements could... Read More >
- Lord Deben backs WhyNotWater campaign Lord Deben, chairman of the UK's Independent Committee on Climate Change has backed Affinity Water’s #WhyNotWater... Read More >
- Sewer flooding sensors trialled A flooding detection sensor is being trialled by infrastructure company Amey and the Water Research Council with the aim... Read More >
- A smarter water future Andrew Welsh, General Manager for Water Utilities at Xylem Water Solutions UK, talks about how we can future-proof water... Read More >
- Build Back Better and SMART Rich Matthews, managing director of Siltbuster Process Solutions, talks about being more strategic and thinking smarter in... Read More >
- What we learnt from WWT's net zero webathon The water industry has made the ambitious pledge to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2030, 20 years ahead of the... Read More >
- How new tech twists on legacy processes are helping turn the tide on water leaks Victoria Edwards, chief executive of FIDO Tech, talks about leakage and how the water sector's drive for innovation is... Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >