Wavin launches Stormforce stormwater management solution
Plastic pipe manufacturer Wavin has launched StormForce - a single-source solution to stormwater management.
As part of the solution, Wavin will handle the entire design, supply and installation of stormwater tanks and their associated infrastructure, from capture and attenuation to dispersal.
With StormForce, Wavin aims to simplify project management, increase efficiencies and minimise risk for developers, contractors and civil engineers when it comes to implementing quality sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) within essential infrastructure.
Wavin will first consult and advise on site, identifying and resolving site-specific issues and ensuring compliance with statutory and environmental regulations and best practice, before value-engineering the optimum design.
The required products and components will then be manufactured by Wavin to the highest standards and then finally installed by fully trained and accredited StormForce partners. The installation will also be underpinned with a five-year warranty.
BBA-approved stormwater systems available as part of the StormForce service include Q-Bic Plus, the most accessible, inspectable and cleanable attenuation tank on the market, compliant with Ofwat’s new Design & Construction Guidance; AquaCell, the ultimate modular solution for a variety of applications, from landscaped to heavily trafficked areas; and a range of inspection chambers and accessories.
Martin Lambley, product manager for stormwater management at Wavin, said: “The industry has needed a solution like StormForce for a long time, and we’re delighted to now offer a turnkey solution for customers when it comes to stormwater management.
“With every detail managed by Wavin under a single contract, developers no longer need to coordinate multiple providers or worry about elements not being completed on time or to the right standard.
“By handing the responsibility over to Wavin, customers can have total confidence that the project is being taken care of by stormwater specialists, and that, from start to finish, all aspects will be taken care of efficiently, to the highest quality and in accordance with industry regulations and best practice.”
Stewart McKechnie, site agent at Nationwide Engineering, an initial StormForce client, said: “StormForce really does deliver. One-source supply and surface water management is totally sorted, so we can get on with the build. It’s fast, compliant, sustainable and top quality – what more could you want?”
- Thames Water celebrates International Women in Engineering Day Female engineers at Thames Water have shared their stories to mark International Women in Engineering Day and encourage... Read More >
- Severn Trent appoints ECS as regionwide framework contractor for mechanical services Severn Trent has appointed ECS Engineering Services as a framework contractor for mechanical services in all regions. Read More >
- Economic uncertainty gives 52bn dollar trenchless technology opportunity a boost The combination of financial upheaval and aging pipe infrastructure for water and wastewater utilities presents a unique... Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Making the future the present Harry Cowan, chief executive of Power and Water Ltd challenges water industry decision makers and the regulator to eschew... Read More >
- Water Innovation 2050: what next for the sector? Welcome to 2050. The Innovation 2050 document has been published, setting out the key principles of an innovation... Read More >
- Innovation could improve performance and transform water The Environment Agency's 2019 environmental performance report highlights some of the complex challenges facing water... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >