WaterSmart helps South Staffs Water deliver measurable outcomes
WaterSmart Software has announced a new strategic partnership with South Staffs Water to engage with the utility's end-use customers through a digital analytics and communications platform.
South Staffs Water is implementing technologies to improve water-use efficiency while driving measurable improvements in customer satisfaction as part of a broader programme to develop and adopt innovative solutions.
“We are excited by the use of technology to engage with our customers,” said Phil Newland, managing director of South Staffs Water. “Our aim is that through the WaterSmart platform, our customers will become more actively involved in the shared challenge of how best to manage our precious water resources.”
WaterSmart provides households with access to easy-to-understand information via email Water Reports and a web and mobile portal. The platform offers detailed water use data, comparative water scores, alerts and notifications, and an innovative ‘discovery’ module that allows customers to take specific actions to better manage their water usage.
The initial program will serve a pilot group with digital Water Reports and will include an additional randomised control group in order to measure programme effectiveness for South Staffs Water.
Robin Gilthorpe, WaterSmart chief executive officer, said: “South Staffs Water is an industry leader and their embrace of innovative technology approaches in a quest for improved customer engagement is an ideal fit for the WaterSmart platform.”
- Northumbrian Water to explore data used to tackle climate change Next month, Northumbrian Water plans to bring together influential and innovative minds from around the globe on a mission... Read More >
- Water companies unite for virtual hackathon Anglian Water, SES and Welsh Water are joining forces to hold a virtual online data hack over two weeks to make steps in... Read More >
- New digital forum for water resource and sustainability leaders WWT Water Security conference moves to virtual platform Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >