Water UK chief executive Roberts to leave role
Water UK chief executive Michael Roberts has announced that he is to depart in the new year.
Roberts, who took on the job in January 2016, is to leave the role once he has completed his intended four-year term, with the organisation now working to identify his successor.
"It’s been an incredibly fulfilling time working for Water UK over the last four years and I have been privileged to work with many talented people across the sector," Roberts said.
"During my time here, we have developed new insight to policy, such as our ground-breaking research on water resilience looking ahead to 2065, and raised the profile of a vitally important industry.
"Water UK is now heavily involved in promoting public-facing initiatives, such as the successful national Refill campaign and Fine to Flush, and we’ve been at the centre of the industry’s preparations for Brexit.
"Possibly the biggest development in my time here has been our central involvement in the debate about sector legitimacy, most recently in the form of the industry’s ambitious Public Interest Commitment.
“As the Public Interest Commitment moves from conception to the important implementation stage, and as the sector in England and Wales moves towards the next AMP, this is a good time to pass on the baton to someone else.”
- England and Wales performing better than Europe - report Water companies in England and Wales perform better than their main European counterparts, according to a new report. Read More >
- Water sector to create a new vision for the future Ofwat has published a draft joint vision from organisations from all parts of the water sector as they seek to meet... Read More >
- Water UK says companies back reform demands Water UK has announced that water companies in England are "fully on board" with the reform programme demanded by Ofwat... Read More >
- Scottish Water starts planning for the long term For SR21, Scottish Water is moving away from the traditional approach to business plans and developing a blueprint for the... Read More >
- Football teams and water companies: Closer than you think New season, new league, new challenges... Egremont Group's Owen Quinn and Alex Graham on the parallels between football... Read More >
- Abstract concept: How can water companies reduce abstraction? Despite concerns over supplies, water companies face pressure to reduce abstraction. As part of our Utility of the Future... Read More >
- The end of 'business as usual' in the water sector? James Connolly, head of partnerships at digital asset and works management company eviFile, assesses the message coming... Read More >
- Data Protection and Brexit - Is your organisation prepared? Guidance to help businesses and charities continue to comply with data protection law after the UK leaves the EU Read More >