Water innovation accelerator programme open for expressions of interest
AquaLAB, GHD Digital's global innovation and knowledge hub, is calling for expressions of interest for a collaborative innovation accelerator program to be held in early 2021.
This eight-week intensive program will bring together innovation leaders, mentors and human-centred design thinking specialists to consider and address some of the biggest challenges facing water utilities.
Participants can expect to finish the program with frameworks for practical solutions, and clear pathways for implementation.
AquaLAB Director Saskya Hunter says there’s an urgent need to re-imagine water systems and technology if utilities are going to address common challenges like rapid urban population growth and aging infrastructure.
“We need to think differently and collaborate across industries to take on our most critical challenges, like the impact of climate change, and digital transformation. Many of these challenges are shared across the globe,” says Saskya.
“Through our innovation accelerator program, we are providing those who are already working on complex challenges with a space for out-of-the-box thinking and the opportunity to work with their global peers.”
The program will also include mentors drawn from other industries for added inspiration.
“In water, we often find the ‘art of the possible’ is inspired by what innovators are doing in seemingly unrelated industries, like medicine and transport,” says Saskya.
“This illustrates what AquaLAB is all about, which is supporting experimentation and co-creation with our clients. There may also be opportunities for co-investment in ideas that have commercial potential once the program is finished.”
Expressions of interest are open until 11 December, 2020. Places are limited and utilities can nominate up to three team members to participate.
- Water companies unite for virtual hackathon Anglian Water, SES and Welsh Water are joining forces to hold a virtual online data hack over two weeks to make steps in... Read More >
- Innovation Festival to explore tech and isolation In September, Northumbrian Water plans to explore how innovation can reduce the impact of isolation on the world's... Read More >
- United Utilities asks market for innovative solutions to sludge management United Utilities has issued a Prior Information Notice (PIN) to ask for ideas for sludge collection, transport and... Read More >
- Building NextGen wastewater treatment systems The future of wastewater treatment involves bubbles, just fewer of them, according to Peter Vale. Read More >
- A glimpse into the world of water in 2021 Paul Haggerty, vice president and expert in digital operations, utilities transformation and water at Capgemini UK, looks... Read More >
- How tech is helping water companies improve lockdown customer service Bobby Bahia, commercial director for transport & infrastructure at Totalmobile, discusses how technology innovations and... Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Making the future the present Harry Cowan, chief executive of Power and Water Ltd challenges water industry decision makers and the regulator to eschew... Read More >