Water Industry Awards shortlist revealed
The shortlist has been unveiled for the 2020 Water Industry Awards.
The Awards celebrate and reward outstanding achievement and innovation in the UK water industry.
The judging day took place at Water UK’s office in Westminster earlier this week with the judges’ picking the winners across 19 categories. The winners will be revealed at a glittering awards ceremony on 20 May 2020 at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole.
The event, which is in its 14th year, is organised by the experts behind leading business media brand Water & Wastewater Treatment (WWT) and takes place alongside the UK’s only dedicated utilities exhibition, Utility Week Live.
WWT content director Alec Peachey said: “The judges faced a tough challenge in picking the winners this year as the quality of entries received was extremely high. We’re really looking forward to bringing the sector together on the night to celebrate the amazing people, teams, projects and innovations that have helped shape the water sector. Be sure to book your place now.”
- South West Water calls for funding to tackle invasives South West Water is calling on the new chair of the House of Commons Environmental Audit Committee (EAC) to help tackle... Read More >
- Yorkshire Water awards £650m infrastructure frameworks Yorkshire Water has awarded clean and waste infrastructure and customer focused infrastructure frameworks with a combined... Read More >
- Annual report summarises work of 106 river catchment partnerships The Catchment Based Approach (CaBA), an initiative to drive collaborative water management across England, has published... Read More >
- Water Innovation 2050: what next for the sector? Welcome to 2050. The Innovation 2050 document has been published, setting out the key principles of an innovation... Read More >
- Innovation could improve performance and transform water The Environment Agency's 2019 environmental performance report highlights some of the complex challenges facing water... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >
- UKWP releases Digital Water whitepaper and call to action UKWP identifies next steps to help UK plc win its share of $30 billion digital revolution in water Read More >
- A smarter water future Andrew Welsh, General Manager for Water Utilities at Xylem Water Solutions UK, talks about how we can future-proof water... Read More >