Water Industry Awards entry deadline extended
The deadline to get your entry in for the Water Industry Awards has been extended until next Friday (24 January).
The event is organised by the experts behind leading business media brand Water & Wastewater Treatment (WWT) and takes place alongside the UK’s only dedicated utilities exhibition, Utility Week Live.
This year sees the return of several popular categories plus the addition of some new ones including Women in Water, Water Resources Initiative of the Year, Net Zero Carbon Initiative of the Year and Skills & Workforce Initiative of the Year. Also returning is the sought after ‘Water company of the year’ category.
WWT content director Alec Peachey said: “We have had a fantastic response from the industry, so would like to give them more time to showcase their achievements and perfect their entries.
“Guidance on what the judges are looking for and the entry criteria can be found on the event website, and the Awards team are always on hand to answer any queries.”
You can also fill in an intention to enter form which can be found here.
The event itself will take place at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole on 20 May 2020.
All entries will be judged by an independent panel of industry experts.
For further information and to enter visit www.waterindustryawards.co.uk
The 19 categories are as follows:
- Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year
- Asset Optimisation Initiative of the Year - NEW FOR 2020!
- Customer Initiative of the Year
- Data Project of the Year
- DfMA Project of the Year
- Drainage & Flood Management Initiative of the Year
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year
- Most Innovative New Technology of the Year
- Most Innovative Use of Existing Technology
- Net Zero Carbon Initiative of the Year - NEW FOR 2020!
- Rising Star of the Year - NEW FOR 2020! Expand
- Skills and Workforce Initiative of the Year - NEW FOR 2020! (sponsored by: Galliford Try)
- Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year (sponsored by: Marsh Industries)
- Water Company of the Year (sponsored by: nmcn)
- Water Industry Consultant of the Year
- Water Industry Contractor of the Year
- Water Innovation Project of the Year
- Water Resources Initiative of the Year - NEW FOR 2020!
- Women in Water - NEW FOR 2020!
For general event enquiries, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1342 332040
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1342 332018
- The water industry must be capable of securing the talent it needs Nick Ellins, chief executive of Energy & Utility Skills, is a judge for the 2020 Water Industry Awards. Here, he offers... Read More >
- Speakers inspire Women in Water campaign Delegates to the second Women in Water conference organised by British Water have embraced the trade association's... Read More >
- 2019 Water Industry Awards: Enter now! Time is running out to enter the Water Industry Awards, organised by WWT and WET News, with the final deadline for entries... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Refining water quality management As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Nadine Buddoo looks at why maintaining water quality is a fundamental... Read More >
- Shifting the dial on drinking water challenges Ahead of WWT Drinking Water Quality Conference, Anglian Water's director of water services, Paul Valleley, provides the... Read More >
- Over-pressurisation: A serious risk for lime storage silos Hycontrol managing director Nigel Allen warns that many lime storage silos are disasters waiting to happen, and steps need... Read More >
- Why valve checks are an essential part of summer maintenance Fraser Higgins, Durapipe UK industrial product manager, explains why valves should not be overlooked as part of the summer... Read More >