Anglian Water scoops top prize at Water Industry Awards
The winners of the Water Industry Awards 2019 have been named at a glittering evening ceremony in Birmingham.
More than 550 professionals from water companies, regulators, contractors and suppliers attended the celebratory evening at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole last night (May 20), to applaud the achievements of the award winners and finalists at the event, which was organised by Water & Wastewater Treatment.
Anglian Water took home the prestigious Water Company of the Year award, while nmcn was named Water Industry Contractor of the Year for a second consecutive year. Water2Business won in the inaugural Water Retailer of the Year category, while APEM Ltd was named Consultant of the Year.
The awards were hosted by comedian Scott Bennett and were sponsored by nmcn, Galliford Try, Weholite, Groundwork, Marshalls CPM, Ross-Shire Engineering and Southern Water.
A full list of the winners are below:
Water Company of the Year (sponsored by nmcn) - Anglian Water
Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year - Thames Water, Morrison Utility Services, M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions and Vac-Ex- Micro AIR-VAC
Customer Service Initiative of the Year - Northumbrian Water - Water Without the Worry
Data Project of the Year - Northumbrian Water - Water Poverty Eradication Modelling
DfMA Project of the Year (sponsored by Weholite) - Scottish Water and Ross-Shire Engineering - Lochmaddy WTW
Drainage and Flood Management Initiative of the Year - Southern Water - FOG & Unflushables Behavioural Change Project
Health and Safety Initiative of the Year - Anglian Water's @One Alliance - Pipe Coil
Most Innovative Data & Software Solution - Elgin, Morrison Utility Services and Yorkshire Water - Innovative Streetworks Planning Portal
Most Innovative Water & Wastewater Technology of the Year - Qinov8 Ltd - The Aquapea
People Initiative of the Year (sponsored by Galliford Try) - TCAT Masterclass - United Utilities
Resilience Initiative of the Year - Bristol Water and Black & Veatch - Southern Resilience Scheme
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Initiative - Hogen Systems, Balfour Beatty UK and GenQuip GroundHog - Mobile Welfare Units
Water Industry Consultant of the Year - APEM
Water Industry Contractor of the Year - nmcn
Drinking Water Innovation Project of the Year - Severn Trent - Online Detection of Bacti in Drinking Water
Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year - Anglian Water - Near Real-time Modelling
Water Retailer of the Year - water2business
- CMA to examine water regulator's price review after appeals Following appeals from water companies, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) will consider Ofwat's proposed 2020-25... Read More >
- Water companies close down reservoirs to combat Covid-19 outbreak Water companies are asking people to stay at home for the good of their health rather than visit popular sites like... Read More >
- British Water “encouraged” by utility survey results British Water says it is encouraged by the results of its latest water company performance survey, but that improvements... Read More >
- Build Back Better and SMART Rich Matthews, managing director of Siltbuster Process Solutions, talks about being more strategic and thinking smarter in... Read More >
- What we learnt from WWT's net zero webathon The water industry has made the ambitious pledge to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2030, 20 years ahead of the... Read More >
- How new tech twists on legacy processes are helping turn the tide on water leaks Victoria Edwards, chief executive of FIDO Tech, talks about leakage and how the water sector's drive for innovation is... Read More >
- How to bake a connected water network Rik Gunderson, utility client director at Software AG, tells us how to "bake" a smart water network. Read More >
- Asset resilience will be one of the beneficiaries of PR19 Richard Broome, Managing Director at LSBUD talks about why Ofwat's PR19 could prove to be such a positive influence on... Read More >