Anglian Water scoops top prize at Water Industry Awards
The winners of the Water Industry Awards 2019 have been named at a glittering evening ceremony in Birmingham.
More than 550 professionals from water companies, regulators, contractors and suppliers attended the celebratory evening at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole last night (May 20), to applaud the achievements of the award winners and finalists at the event, which was organised by Water & Wastewater Treatment.
Anglian Water took home the prestigious Water Company of the Year award, while nmcn was named Water Industry Contractor of the Year for a second consecutive year. Water2Business won in the inaugural Water Retailer of the Year category, while APEM Ltd was named Consultant of the Year.
The awards were hosted by comedian Scott Bennett and were sponsored by nmcn, Galliford Try, Weholite, Groundwork, Marshalls CPM, Ross-Shire Engineering and Southern Water.
A full list of the winners are below:
Water Company of the Year (sponsored by nmcn) - Anglian Water
Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year - Thames Water, Morrison Utility Services, M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions and Vac-Ex- Micro AIR-VAC
Customer Service Initiative of the Year - Northumbrian Water - Water Without the Worry
Data Project of the Year - Northumbrian Water - Water Poverty Eradication Modelling
DfMA Project of the Year (sponsored by Weholite) - Scottish Water and Ross-Shire Engineering - Lochmaddy WTW
Drainage and Flood Management Initiative of the Year - Southern Water - FOG & Unflushables Behavioural Change Project
Health and Safety Initiative of the Year - Anglian Water's @One Alliance - Pipe Coil
Most Innovative Data & Software Solution - Elgin, Morrison Utility Services and Yorkshire Water - Innovative Streetworks Planning Portal
Most Innovative Water & Wastewater Technology of the Year - Qinov8 Ltd - The Aquapea
People Initiative of the Year (sponsored by Galliford Try) - TCAT Masterclass - United Utilities
Resilience Initiative of the Year - Bristol Water and Black & Veatch - Southern Resilience Scheme
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Initiative - Hogen Systems, Balfour Beatty UK and GenQuip GroundHog - Mobile Welfare Units
Water Industry Consultant of the Year - APEM
Water Industry Contractor of the Year - nmcn
Drinking Water Innovation Project of the Year - Severn Trent - Online Detection of Bacti in Drinking Water
Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year - Anglian Water - Near Real-time Modelling
Water Retailer of the Year - water2business
- Water industry supports WaterSafe register for plumbers The water companies have given their support to WaterSafe, the UK's first ever all industry national plumbing assurance... Read More >
- Scottish Water outperforms in key areas, says WICS The Water Industry Commission for Scotland (WICS) says Scottish Water has continued to perform well in 2012-13, achieving... Read More >
- SBWWI calls for National Smart Metering Forum to be set up Trade association SBWWI has warned that without urgent representation of the water sector, the infrastructure networks... Read More >
- Refining water quality management As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Nadine Buddoo looks at why maintaining water quality is a fundamental... Read More >
- Delivering a smart network Tom Mills, senior director UK&I at Sensus, examines what a smart water network really means - and how to get there. Read More >
- Achieving zero interruptions and leakage Rik Gunderson, UK utility director at Software AG, looks ahead to WWT's Water Industry Innovation Conference. Read More >
- Revolutionising infrastructure Gavin Stonard, engineering director at nmcn, examines whether standardisation is the solution to digital transformation in... Read More >
- Digital technologies ready to impact water industry efficiency ABB's UK water manager for drives, Clayton Mead, shares some ideas on tackling water industry challenges in 2020 and... Read More >