Anglian Water scoops top prize at Water Industry Awards
The winners of the Water Industry Awards 2019 have been named at a glittering evening ceremony in Birmingham.
More than 550 professionals from water companies, regulators, contractors and suppliers attended the celebratory evening at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole last night (May 20), to applaud the achievements of the award winners and finalists at the event, which was organised by Water & Wastewater Treatment.
Anglian Water took home the prestigious Water Company of the Year award, while nmcn was named Water Industry Contractor of the Year for a second consecutive year. Water2Business won in the inaugural Water Retailer of the Year category, while APEM Ltd was named Consultant of the Year.
The awards were hosted by comedian Scott Bennett and were sponsored by nmcn, Galliford Try, Weholite, Groundwork, Marshalls CPM, Ross-Shire Engineering and Southern Water.
A full list of the winners are below:
Water Company of the Year (sponsored by nmcn) - Anglian Water
Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year - Thames Water, Morrison Utility Services, M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions and Vac-Ex- Micro AIR-VAC
Customer Service Initiative of the Year - Northumbrian Water - Water Without the Worry
Data Project of the Year - Northumbrian Water - Water Poverty Eradication Modelling
DfMA Project of the Year (sponsored by Weholite) - Scottish Water and Ross-Shire Engineering - Lochmaddy WTW
Drainage and Flood Management Initiative of the Year - Southern Water - FOG & Unflushables Behavioural Change Project
Health and Safety Initiative of the Year - Anglian Water's @One Alliance - Pipe Coil
Most Innovative Data & Software Solution - Elgin, Morrison Utility Services and Yorkshire Water - Innovative Streetworks Planning Portal
Most Innovative Water & Wastewater Technology of the Year - Qinov8 Ltd - The Aquapea
People Initiative of the Year (sponsored by Galliford Try) - TCAT Masterclass - United Utilities
Resilience Initiative of the Year - Bristol Water and Black & Veatch - Southern Resilience Scheme
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Initiative - Hogen Systems, Balfour Beatty UK and GenQuip GroundHog - Mobile Welfare Units
Water Industry Consultant of the Year - APEM
Water Industry Contractor of the Year - nmcn
Drinking Water Innovation Project of the Year - Severn Trent - Online Detection of Bacti in Drinking Water
Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year - Anglian Water - Near Real-time Modelling
Water Retailer of the Year - water2business
- Environment Agency proposes limited rises to abstraction charges The Environment Agency has published a consultation on charging proposals which will see abstraction charges rise in three... Read More >
- Water UK seeks 50-year water resilience plan The water industry, through Water UK, has commissioned a major project to strengthen the overall resilience of water... Read More >
- Southern Water seeks customer views on hosepipe bans Southern Water is consulting its customers about how often it is acceptable to introduce hosepipe bans a drought. Read More >
- Time to get smart Mike Strahand, a director of the Sensors for Water Interest Group and MD at Analytical Technologies Inc., says the... Read More >
- Embracing the digital measurement revolution for wastewater Developments in digital sensing technology have opened up new possibilities for wastewater, Julian Edwards, analytical... Read More >
- Wessex Water's bustling Marketplace, three months on Neil Wilson, Wessex Water's director of risk and investment, says the company's new innovation platform is attracting... Read More >
- Developing ideas: Thames Water's innovative sewer plan Thames Water is radically re-engineering an Oxfordshire market town's sewer network to help developers prepare for... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >