Anglian Water scoops top prize at Water Industry Awards
The winners of the Water Industry Awards 2019 have been named at a glittering evening ceremony in Birmingham.
More than 550 professionals from water companies, regulators, contractors and suppliers attended the celebratory evening at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole last night (May 20), to applaud the achievements of the award winners and finalists at the event, which was organised by Water & Wastewater Treatment.
Anglian Water took home the prestigious Water Company of the Year award, while nmcn was named Water Industry Contractor of the Year for a second consecutive year. Water2Business won in the inaugural Water Retailer of the Year category, while APEM Ltd was named Consultant of the Year.
The awards were hosted by comedian Scott Bennett and were sponsored by nmcn, Galliford Try, Weholite, Groundwork, Marshalls CPM, Ross-Shire Engineering and Southern Water.
A full list of the winners are below:
Water Company of the Year (sponsored by nmcn) - Anglian Water
Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year - Thames Water, Morrison Utility Services, M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions and Vac-Ex- Micro AIR-VAC
Customer Service Initiative of the Year - Northumbrian Water - Water Without the Worry
Data Project of the Year - Northumbrian Water - Water Poverty Eradication Modelling
DfMA Project of the Year (sponsored by Weholite) - Scottish Water and Ross-Shire Engineering - Lochmaddy WTW
Drainage and Flood Management Initiative of the Year - Southern Water - FOG & Unflushables Behavioural Change Project
Health and Safety Initiative of the Year - Anglian Water's @One Alliance - Pipe Coil
Most Innovative Data & Software Solution - Elgin, Morrison Utility Services and Yorkshire Water - Innovative Streetworks Planning Portal
Most Innovative Water & Wastewater Technology of the Year - Qinov8 Ltd - The Aquapea
People Initiative of the Year (sponsored by Galliford Try) - TCAT Masterclass - United Utilities
Resilience Initiative of the Year - Bristol Water and Black & Veatch - Southern Resilience Scheme
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Initiative - Hogen Systems, Balfour Beatty UK and GenQuip GroundHog - Mobile Welfare Units
Water Industry Consultant of the Year - APEM
Water Industry Contractor of the Year - nmcn
Drinking Water Innovation Project of the Year - Severn Trent - Online Detection of Bacti in Drinking Water
Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year - Anglian Water - Near Real-time Modelling
Water Retailer of the Year - water2business
- Regulatory framework for water 'needs to change' The regulatory framework for the water sector "will need to change" to address common problems faced by companies in both... Read More >
- Procurement competition for water ADR service Water UK will launch a procurement competition to recruit an established provider of alternative dispute resolution (ADR)... Read More >
- Mark Mulcahy to lead MWH's UK hydrogeology consulting business MWH has recruited Mark Mulcahy as its principal hydrogeologist to lead its hydrogeology consulting business in the UK. Read More >
- Opinion: People and technology must work together The idea of People vs Tech is outdated: People + Tech is the way forward, write Simon Parker and Roger Williams Read More >
- Collaboration and demand-led approach key to innovation success An Enterprise Ireland water innovation seminar, hosted in Dublin in collaboration with Wet Networks (an Arup and WRc... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- Round Table: Smart Asset Management for Water Companies Smart asset management is expected to drive significant improvements in water companies' operations, but is the industry... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they’re already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >