Anglian Water scoops top prize at Water Industry Awards
The winners of the Water Industry Awards 2019 have been named at a glittering evening ceremony in Birmingham.
More than 550 professionals from water companies, regulators, contractors and suppliers attended the celebratory evening at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole last night (May 20), to applaud the achievements of the award winners and finalists at the event, which was organised by Water & Wastewater Treatment.
Anglian Water took home the prestigious Water Company of the Year award, while nmcn was named Water Industry Contractor of the Year for a second consecutive year. Water2Business won in the inaugural Water Retailer of the Year category, while APEM Ltd was named Consultant of the Year.
The awards were hosted by comedian Scott Bennett and were sponsored by nmcn, Galliford Try, Weholite, Groundwork, Marshalls CPM, Ross-Shire Engineering and Southern Water.
A full list of the winners are below:
Water Company of the Year (sponsored by nmcn) - Anglian Water
Alliancing and Partnership Initiative of the Year - Thames Water, Morrison Utility Services, M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions and Vac-Ex- Micro AIR-VAC
Customer Service Initiative of the Year - Northumbrian Water - Water Without the Worry
Data Project of the Year - Northumbrian Water - Water Poverty Eradication Modelling
DfMA Project of the Year (sponsored by Weholite) - Scottish Water and Ross-Shire Engineering - Lochmaddy WTW
Drainage and Flood Management Initiative of the Year - Southern Water - FOG & Unflushables Behavioural Change Project
Health and Safety Initiative of the Year - Anglian Water's @One Alliance - Pipe Coil
Most Innovative Data & Software Solution - Elgin, Morrison Utility Services and Yorkshire Water - Innovative Streetworks Planning Portal
Most Innovative Water & Wastewater Technology of the Year - Qinov8 Ltd - The Aquapea
People Initiative of the Year (sponsored by Galliford Try) - TCAT Masterclass - United Utilities
Resilience Initiative of the Year - Bristol Water and Black & Veatch - Southern Resilience Scheme
Sustainability and Resource Recovery Initiative - Hogen Systems, Balfour Beatty UK and GenQuip GroundHog - Mobile Welfare Units
Water Industry Consultant of the Year - APEM
Water Industry Contractor of the Year - nmcn
Drinking Water Innovation Project of the Year - Severn Trent - Online Detection of Bacti in Drinking Water
Wastewater Innovation Project of the Year - Anglian Water - Near Real-time Modelling
Water Retailer of the Year - water2business
- Risk and reward guidance makes water sector 'less attractive' to investors Ofwat's guidance on risk and reward has made the water sector less attractive to investors, according to a new survey by... Read More >
- The water industry must be capable of securing the talent it needs Nick Ellins, chief executive of Energy & Utility Skills, is a judge for the 2020 Water Industry Awards. Here, he offers... Read More >
- Book now to attend Water Industry Awards Places are now available to attend the showpiece event celebrating the water industry, with reduced rates available online... Read More >
- In the frame for delivery: UKWIR CEO on Ofwat's innovation competition With Ofwat confirming plans for a £200 million innovation competition which will run between 2020 and 2025, UKWIR chief... Read More >
- A digital revolution in water The UK Water Partnership (UKWP) has launched a 10-point action plan to help ensure that UK plc wins its share of an... Read More >
- Industry 4.0 - how to build a digital twin Chris Steele, head of information management and analytics at Black & Veatch Europe, runs through the steps required to... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Refining water quality management As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Nadine Buddoo looks at why maintaining water quality is a fundamental... Read More >