WAGO appoints Tony Hoyle as new UK MD
WAGO Ltd has announced the appointment of a new Managing Director. Tony Hoyle, formerly Measurement Products General Manager (UK and Ireland) at ABB, will have overall responsibility for the company's activities in the UK and Ireland.
He succeeds Gordon Smith who has announced his retirement after overseeing the company's strong growth since its formation in 1992. Smith will, however, work with Hoyle in a joint management capacity until the middle of 2015.
In addition to his time at ABB, Hoyle has held senior management, sales and marketing posts at some of the world's leading technology providers including Danfoss, Siemens and Telemecaniqe. He has considerable experience in a number of key sectors including water treatment, processing and factory automation.
Commenting on his new role, he said "WAGO was a leading innovator in interconnection technology when it was formed almost 70 years ago. Its focus is, of course, considerably broader now. Our mission is to offer a comprehensive range of truly innovative automation technology solutions for industrial and building services customers throughout the UK and Ireland.
"I look forward to working with WAGO and building on the considerable success which Gordon and his team have achieved."
- Welsh Water invests £9M in innovation projects Dwr Cymru Welsh Water has invested almost £9M in innovation projects over the past 12 months to help improve services for... Read More >
- Bluesky LiDAR supports major Irish Water supply project Detailed 3D data captured using aircraft-mounted laser is helping RPS Group plan, design and engineer a major overhaul of... Read More >
- Anglian in 3D printing trial with Sheffield University Anglian Water is exploring the future of 3D printing technology through a collaboration with The Sheffield Water Centre,... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- A data-led approach to clearing FOG Water utilities have a major challenge working with local food businesses to prevent fats, oils and grease entering the... Read More >
- The robots aren't coming... they're already here Stantec lead design engineer Dan Causley looks at advances in technology and their role in boosting productivity in the... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >