Video: Micro-tunnelling used in Wessex Water sewer project
A £5M Wessex Water scheme to help alleviate flooding on the Somerset coast has used a micro-tunnelling technique to minimise disruption to the local community.
The project in Brent Knoll and Burnham-on-Sea involves building a new sewage pumping station, installing several new sewers as well as making improvements to the existing sewerage system.
In this video produced by Wessex Water, we learn about the role of micro-tunnelling in the project, which is expected to be completed in October 2017.
- Severn Trent's 'Siege Breaker' creates 3km tunnel under Newark Severn Trent's 'Siege Breaker' tunnelling machine has completed its nine-month journey under the streets of Newark to... Read More >
- Fry-ups a popular contributor to FOG in North-west sewers The average household in the North-west pours 14lbs of fat, oils and grease (FOG) down the drain in a year as a new study... Read More >
- Severn Trent signs agreement with Next Filtration to attack FOG Severn Trent has signed an agreement with the US-based technology supplier Next Filtration Technologies Inc. to allow... Read More >
- International leaders to discuss the future for the UK wastewater sector Senior leaders from national and international wastewater companies, the UK government, Ofwat and other key organisations... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Protect against sewer flooding At a time when building flood resilience is a national priority, innovative technologies can help keep sewer flooding... Read More >
- Tunnel vision: Building the Shieldhall sewer superstructure The Shieldhall Tunnel is Scotland's biggest sewer superstructure. Scottish Water's Dominic Flanagan and Costain's Neil... Read More >
- CENTAUR: Upsizing sewer storage The Water Industry Award-winning CENTAUR offers ‘virtual storage' within sewer networks to cut flood risk and reduce CSO... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Fighting the FOG Our innovation specials continue with an examination of new measures to improve sewer health by tackling fats, oils and... Read More >