Veolia wins UAE sewage treatment plant upgrade deal
Veolia Water Technologies (VWT) has been awarded a contract by Ras Al Khaimah Wastewater Authority (RAKWA) for the upgrade of the Al Fileyah sewage treatment plant.
The upgrade is needed to manage the significant increase of inlet flow over the years and to overcome issues of odour nuisance, and Veolia’s contract is for the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of the Al Fileyah plant, including supply, construction, commissioning and performance testing for the facility.
With a challenging estimated completion time of 12 months, the project will focus on doubling the capacity of the treatment plant to 40 MLD. In order to achieve this target, the Veolia team will implement secondary biological treatment processes including installation and upgrades of aeration tanks and clarifiers.
The team will also construct new UASB Bioreactors provided by Veolia subsidiary Biothane (Upthane technology).
Thierry Froment, chief operating officer for VWT in the Middle East, said: “We are delighted that Veolia Water Technologies has been awarded the contract to support the Al Fileyah Treatment Plant. This partnership marks the beginning of a significant journey for us with the Ras Al Khaimah Wastewater Authority and also highlights our commitment to becoming a trusted partner of the UAE, where sustainability is a key priority.”
- Southern Water's Cleaner Seas for Sussex project officially opens Southern Water has officially opened its £300M Cleaner Seas for Sussex environmental scheme, which ensures that the 95Ml... Read More >
- South West Water wins government funding to boost skills South West Water has become the first company in the UK to win financial support for boosting engineering skills under the... Read More >
- Collaboration vital in tackling skills shortage Collaboration is vital in developing skills frameworks, training programmes and apprenticeship opportunities, to guarantee... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- Round table: Taking stock of totex Has total expenditure become enshrined in utilities' practices? A special pan-utility round table held at Utility Week... Read More >
- Round Table: Smart Asset Management for Water Companies Smart asset management is expected to drive significant improvements in water companies' operations, but is the industry... Read More >
- Into the Deep using advanced camera techniques Underwater drones, also known as remotely-operated vehicles (ROVs) have proved key to the inspection of... Read More >
- Opinion: Protecting our water assets against cyber threats It's vital that engineers start to lead the conversation on cyber security for operational technology in the water... Read More >