Venning is NI Water's new chief executive
Sara Venning is NI Water's new chief executive, the company has announced. Venning has been interim chief executive since Trevor Haslett resigned last August.
Announcing Venning's appointment, NI Water chairman Séan Hogan said: “We are delighted with this appointment which follows a competition that attracted a high calibre competitive field.
“Throughout this process we have always made it clear we were determined to make the correct choice, and in Sara we are confident that we have found a highly skilled and experienced individual and the right person to lead this complex and essential service."
Hogan added: “As a board we look forward to working with Sara, her executive team and all the staff within NI Water to build on the stability, continuity and progress that has been established in recent times.
“The future will undoubtedly hold many challenges for NI Water but with the appointment of Sara we have found the best person to maintain and develop the company as it moves forward.
- British Water seeks new chief executive as Martin retires Trade association British Water is seeking a new chief executive following Lloyd Martin's decision to retire during 2018... Read More >
- Water Industry Awards winners revealed Northumbrian Water has scooped the prestigious Water Company of the Year Award at the Water Industry Awards, which were... Read More >
- As Finn resigns from Ofwat, will customers suffer? A specialist software firm has warned that the industry may lose its focus on the customer in the wake of Ofwat chief... Read More >
- Moving towards maintenance 4.0 Water utilities need to embrace smart asset management technologies but that is only part of the solution, writes Chris... Read More >
- Round table: Taking stock of totex Has total expenditure become enshrined in utilities' practices? A special pan-utility round table held at Utility Week... Read More >
- Round Table: Smart Asset Management for Water Companies Smart asset management is expected to drive significant improvements in water companies' operations, but is the industry... Read More >
- Into the Deep using advanced camera techniques Underwater drones, also known as remotely-operated vehicles (ROVs) have proved key to the inspection of... Read More >
- Opinion: Protecting our water assets against cyber threats It's vital that engineers start to lead the conversation on cyber security for operational technology in the water... Read More >