UU seeks innovative technologies with ino3W
United Utilities (UU) is the only UK firm to join a new international partnership to promote innovation. The scheme, known as ino3W, aims to bring new water technologies onto the market.
ino3W has been set up to promote innovation in the global water industry. The partnership aims to enable new water technologies to be tried, tested and brought onto the market in up to ten different countries around the world.
Ultimately, ino3W will help drive operational efficiency and asset management improvement for water companies around the world.
Through the partnership, United Utilities will gain first access in the UK to the latest innovations in the water sector.
Kieran Brocklebank, head of innovation at United Utilities, explained why the company had got involved in the partnership: “This is exactly what our Innovation Team should be doing – being at the forefront of testing new technologies and making them work for us is an exciting challenge.”
In addition, as an early technology adopter, UU expects to share in the royalties generated from future technology sales both in the UK and other international markets.
The company’s business development director, Jonathan Hodgkin, said: “We are proud to be the UK partner of ino3W; helping new technologies to reach new markets is good business for us and will help us to keep delivering an efficient service to our customers."
ino3W had recently also teamed up with the European Innovation Partnership on Water (EIP Water) in order to increase market access for EU water technology developers and provide progressive water utilities with validated technologies.
Shai Schechter, ino3W CEO, added: “This is a great opportunity and the beginning of what promises to be an important milestone for the UK water industry regarding perception of water technology.”
“We also believe that future cooperation between United Utilities and ino3W, will yield more UK driven water technologies development, given the opportunity for faster commercialisation acceleration. ino3W offers UK driven technologies an opportunity to cooperate with a select group of progressive global water partners and taking advantage of a revolutionary validation and commercialization approach.”
- Severn Trent Water picks its AMP6 and 7 consultants Severn Trent Water has selected Atkins, MWH UK and Jacobs UK for new engineering consultancy framework. All three... Read More >
- Unilever strengthens water purifying business with China's Qinyuan Unilever has bought a majority stake in Chinese water purification business Qinyuan Group for an undisclosed amount. The... Read More >
- Erin Brockovich joins US water pollution campaigners Celebrated water quality campaigner Erin Brockovich has addressed residents in the US state of West Virginia who have been... Read More >
- Digital technologies ready to impact water industry efficiency ABB's UK water manager for drives, Clayton Mead, shares some ideas on tackling water industry challenges in 2020 and... Read More >
- Delivering innovation through collaboration Dwr Cymru Welsh Water innovation scientist Euan Hampton says the company is seeing the benefits of opening itself up to... Read More >
- Through the keyhole: The King's Scholars' Pond project The use of keyhole engineering on Thames Water's King's Scholars' Pond project saved money and carbon while keeping London... Read More >
- Anglian and ESW join forces on Innovate East Essex & Suffolk Water and Anglian Water came together to stage a three-day innovation event in September, producing a raft... Read More >
- Has offsite manufacturing's moment arrived? Rich Matthews, managing director at Siltbuster Process Solutions, believes it is time for the water sector to reap the... Read More >