UKWIR Annual Conference moves online
UKWIR's first annual conference - Transforming the water sector through collaborative research and innovation – being held on 15 December 2020 will now be online.
The interactive event, the first of its kind to be hosted by UKWIR, follows closely on heels of the launch of the UK water industry’s Innovation Strategy and the establishment of Ofwat’s innovation fund.
It is an opportunity for sector leaders and specialists to come together with innovators from other industries to share ideas and experiences, and debate how best research and innovation will deliver industry priorities.
Keynote speakers are Mike Elliott, Technology Director at Mercedes Formula One team and Heidi Mottram, CEO of Northumbrian Water.
There will also be panel discussions with leading figures from across the industry, academia, the supply chain and global research institutions who will share their perspectives throughout the day, and an interactive workshop focussed on the research needed to deliver the industry’s ambitions.
The event will include four sessions throughout the day. Speakers include:
- John Russell, Senior Director, Ofwat
- Dragan Savic, CEO, KWR
- Ivan Stoianov, Senior Lecturer, Imperial College London
- Jon Rathjen, Scottish Government
- Steve Kaye, CEO, UKWIR.
Steve Kaye, chief executive of UKWIR, said: “We are delighted to hold what we hope will be an inspirational event and one that will help set the future research agenda for the water sector. The launch of the Innovation Strategy which embeds our 12 Big Questions provides a great opportunity for us to take a look at the industry’s research priorities and how they will feed the innovation process to deliver the transformation needed for customers, the environment and wider society.”
To view the full agenda, speaker biographies and book a place visit https://conferences.aquaenviro.co.uk/events/conferences/ukwir-annual-conference/
Attendance is free for water company employees. Existing bookings will be automatically transferred.
- On demand: Yorkshire Water shares insights on how to build a smart network A pilot project to create a smart water network at Yorkshire Water has produced new insights into how utilities can use... Read More >
- Water 2050: draft innovation strategy published Today (9 July) marks the launch of the long-anticipated, and UK's first, draft Water Innovation Strategy. Read More >
- Funding granted to develop ideas from Innovation Festival 2020 Northumbrian Water Group has granted almost £130,000 worth of funding to develop ideas from its first ever all-digital... Read More >
- NI Water: A climate emergency gamechanger NI Water has launched its plans to harness the unseen potential in hydrogen from water, to help address the climate... Read More >
- Making the future the present Harry Cowan, chief executive of Power and Water Ltd challenges water industry decision makers and the regulator to eschew... Read More >
- Water Innovation 2050: what next for the sector? Welcome to 2050. The Innovation 2050 document has been published, setting out the key principles of an innovation... Read More >
- Innovation could improve performance and transform water The Environment Agency's 2019 environmental performance report highlights some of the complex challenges facing water... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >