Two weeks left to nominate your utilities stars
There are two weeks left to nominate your utilities heroes for this year's Utility Week Stars awards, which recognise outstanding individuals and teams from the utilities industry.
Organised by WWT's sister title Utility Week, the accolades are designed to reward the star quality of those who are the pride of our industry.
We want to hear about those teams and individuals within utility companies, contractors, and suppliers, who have shown outstanding ability or commitment to keeping the lights on, and the water and gas flowing, across the nation.
Now in its fifth year, the awards scheme has previously presented prizes for heroism and determination by those employees who have gone the extra mile to deliver outstanding, selfless service to customers.
The 14 trophies cover the breadth of work by the industry, ranging from data science to collaboration with education, and from innovation through to long service. Each category provides a perfect opportunity for managers to celebrate the key qualities of talent and dedication among their workforce.
The awards ceremony for this unique celebration takes place this summer in Manchester on 29 June. Deadline for entries is Monday 19 March.
For details and to nominate your utilities heroes click here to find out more.
- Morrison Data Services snaps up Meter-U Morrison Data Services, a leading UK data collection, data management and meter maintenance service provider to UK energy... Read More >
- Peace breaks out between Unite and BFK Unite the Union and the BAM Ferrovial Kier (BFK) joint venture have settled their dispute over blacklisting on the £15B... Read More >
- NM Group's utilities division suffers losses North Midland Construction (NM Group), which provides civil engineering, building, mechanical and electrical services, has... Read More >
- Opinion: A smarter way to read the water network Smart metering technology could be the key to closing water companies' knowledge gaps about usage in their network -... Read More >
- Smart thinking: The digital asset management revolution With many of the pieces now in place for a digital asset management revolution, AI and machine learning solutions are set... Read More >
- Networking skills: MUS helps Leeds to smarten up Morrison Utility Services has delivered a groundbreaking smart water network project in Leeds on behalf of Yorkshire Water Read More >
- Opinion: Protecting our water assets against cyber threats It's vital that engineers start to lead the conversation on cyber security for operational technology in the water... Read More >
- Innovation Zone: Waterfall out to make a splash Fitted near a building's stopcock and supplying cloud-based, accessible information about water use, an ‘intelligent water... Read More >