Tsurumi aerators combat warm weather at Dutch wastewater works
To minimise the negative effects of warm weather at a Dutch wastewater plant, three Tsurumi TRN aerators have been installed. The wastewater plant in Wijster, Netherlands, has been experiencing unpleasant side effects caused by recent warm weather.
The plant treats wastewater from a nearby slaughterhouse, and this was affected by a lack of oxygen produced by the mild temperatures. The subsequent high pH level of the wastewater caused an unpleasant odour that disturbed operations at the site.
To solve the problem, local Tsurumi distributor Distrimex Pompen & Service provided three Tsurumi 100TRN424 aerators to increase oxygen levels in the wastewater as it is produced by the slaughterhouse. To ensure the high pH level of the wastewater does not affect the pumps, they have been equipped with zinc anodes to protect the machines against corrosion.
The Tsurumi aerators were fitted with minimum disruption to operations at the plant. The pumps were positioned at the bottom of the sewage basin without any change to the existing wastewater management system. To ensure the aerators are able to respond to the changing needs of the plant, they are equipped with a frequency convertor that adjusts performance according to the demands of the various processes at work. This also moderates energy consumption, for maximum efficiency.
Tsurumi’s TRN aerators are installed quickly and easily as free-standing units. They also deliver a balanced mix of oxygenated water, with a strong flow to ensure no sediment is formed. Tsurumi’s aerators include an Air-Seal-Principle to ensure the double mechanical seal, set in an oil-bath with a patented oil-lifter, never comes into contact with the medium, prolonging and the pump’s lifetime.
- Irish Water gets planning permission for Arklow WwTP Irish Water has secured planning permission for the Arklow Wastewater Treatment Plant in in County Wicklow. Read More >
- £14m investment to boost sewage treatment on Wearside Northumbrian Water is investing £14 million in a major upgrade of the company's Washington Sewage Treatment Works (STW). Read More >
- Alpheus secures contract win Alpheus Environmental has secured a contract with Glenmorangie Distillery in Tain to operate and maintain its wastewater... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Going green at Severn Trent's Minworth STW With a £60 million investment aimed at producing 30 per cent more green energy from its largest sewage treatment works,... Read More >
- Case Study: Pumping up quality at Burnham Jetty A year's worth of planning, seamless collaboration and technical expertise were crucial to the success of a complex... Read More >
- Thames Water rolls out energy-reducing sludge pump solution A smart air injection (SAI) system combined with progressive cavity pumps is proving key to more efficient sludge handling... Read More >