Thames Water spends £3.5M on pipeline
Thames Water is investing £3.5M installing a new 4km pipeline that will secure supplies for customers in Berkshire and Oxfordshire.
The new pipe will supply water from Woods Farm water treatment works to the storage reservoir in Streatley, and then on to the reservoir at Moulsford.
Woods Farm WTW currently supplies 2Ml of water a day to the area around Goring and Streatley, and the new 12" pipe will increase the amount to 9Ml daily.
Andrew Popple, capital delivery manager for Thames Water, said: “The south-east of England is seriously water-stressed so we need to make the best use of all the water available to us
“This new pipe will allow us to take more water from the ground and distribute it around the area. It’s part of our work to make sure we can continue to provide water to our customers now and into the future.”
The 12-month project, which will use no-dig technology where possible, began this month with an archaeological survey of the area being undertaken as the topsoil is removed before construction of the pipe begins.
- Thames Water fined a record-breaking £1M for sewage pollution Thames Water has been fined £1M by St Albans Crown Court for polluting the Grand Union Canal in Hertfordshire with sewage.... Read More >
- Most English businesses unaware of water market opening, finds survey Most businesses in England are unaware of and unprepared for the forthcoming opening of the non-household retail water... Read More >
- Scottish specialists team up to unlock innovation Two Scottish innovation centres and a world-renowned research institute are at the forefront of an international drive to... Read More >
- Under pressure: Tackling leakage in new networks Leakage in new pipelines represents a significant problem but, working alongside Scottish Water, Ant Hire Solutions has... Read More >
- Making pipeline construction projects effective and sustainable The use of recycled pipe bedding and connections to development on brownfield sites are two ways in which plastic pipes... Read More >
- SES Water seeks out below-ground intelligence Collaborative work to assess the condition of pipes in the Sutton and East Surrey region is set to give SES Water... Read More >
- Making the case for trenchless pipe pulling Simon Drain, managing director of Kobus Services Ltd, shines a spotlight on the scale of the pipe repair problem in the UK... Read More >
- Lead Pipe Removal: Taking the Lead Lead pipes represent a proven risk to water quality and people's health - but 50 years after they were banned for new use,... Read More >