Thames names Shedden as independent non-executive director
Thames Water has appointed Jill Shedden to its board as an independent non-executive director.
Shedden is currently group director, human resources, at Centrica plc.
Thames Water is undergoing a major review of its corporate structure and governance to boost transparency for customers and stakeholders, and has pledged to have a majority of independent non-executive directors on its board when the review is completed.
Shedden joined Centrica as a marketing graduate in 1988 and held a number of HR roles before being appointed to her current role, reporting to the CEO, in July 2011. She was awarded an MBE for ‘services to women and equality’ in 2017 in recognition of her work with the Women’s Business Council.
Ian Marchant, Thames Water chairman, said: “Jill has tremendous experience of the need for utilities to provide industry-leading customer service, as well as driving business performance through cultural change. She is a valuable addition to our board.”
Ms Shedden said: “Thames Water is undergoing a major period of change and I am delighted to be joining the board at such an important time in the company’s evolution.”
- Companies submit revised PR19 business plans to Ofwat The majority of water companies in England and Wales have re-submitted their PR19 business plans to Ofwat today (1 April). Read More >
- Thames uses mobile soil recycling unit for pipe projects A state-of-the-art mobile recycling unit is playing a vital part in Thames Water's ongoing project to repair and restore... Read More >
- Murphy works on next phase of Thames' leak prevention scheme J Murphy & Sons is upgrading pressure valves across Thames Water's water network and creating new pressure management... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Delivering a smart network Tom Mills, senior director UK&I at Sensus, examines what a smart water network really means - and how to get there. Read More >
- A watershed moment for the water industry? Tessa Harding, director of water at Thomson Environmental Consultants, discusses the government's Environment Bill. Read More >
- AMP7: putting the customer centre stage 2020 marks the beginnings of a new chapter for clients and contractors in the water industry with the start of AMP7, the... Read More >
- Changing the way water utilities think George Hesmondhalgh, managing consultant at Capgemini, says companies need to stop viewing legislation as an obligation... Read More >