Thames names Shedden as independent non-executive director
Thames Water has appointed Jill Shedden to its board as an independent non-executive director.
Shedden is currently group director, human resources, at Centrica plc.
Thames Water is undergoing a major review of its corporate structure and governance to boost transparency for customers and stakeholders, and has pledged to have a majority of independent non-executive directors on its board when the review is completed.
Shedden joined Centrica as a marketing graduate in 1988 and held a number of HR roles before being appointed to her current role, reporting to the CEO, in July 2011. She was awarded an MBE for ‘services to women and equality’ in 2017 in recognition of her work with the Women’s Business Council.
Ian Marchant, Thames Water chairman, said: “Jill has tremendous experience of the need for utilities to provide industry-leading customer service, as well as driving business performance through cultural change. She is a valuable addition to our board.”
Ms Shedden said: “Thames Water is undergoing a major period of change and I am delighted to be joining the board at such an important time in the company’s evolution.”
- Aqualogy wins Thames energy from sludge contract Bristol-based firm Aqualogy Environment Ltd has been awarded a contract for advanced energy recovery from sludge by Thames... Read More >
- SES and Thames both accept final determination The boards of Thames Water and SES Water have accepted Ofwat's final determination of the companies’ business plans for... Read More >
- Thames Water awards £200M systems framework Thames Water has awarded an AMP6 framework agreement for Applications Development and System Integration worth an... Read More >
- Meeting AMP7 leakage targets Damian Crawford, head of smart networks & leakage at Stantec, discusses how becoming data-rich and knowledge-smart can... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Delivering a smart network Tom Mills, senior director UK&I at Sensus, examines what a smart water network really means - and how to get there. Read More >
- A watershed moment for the water industry? Tessa Harding, director of water at Thomson Environmental Consultants, discusses the government's Environment Bill. Read More >
- AMP7: putting the customer centre stage 2020 marks the beginnings of a new chapter for clients and contractors in the water industry with the start of AMP7, the... Read More >