Thames names Shedden as independent non-executive director
Thames Water has appointed Jill Shedden to its board as an independent non-executive director.
Shedden is currently group director, human resources, at Centrica plc.
Thames Water is undergoing a major review of its corporate structure and governance to boost transparency for customers and stakeholders, and has pledged to have a majority of independent non-executive directors on its board when the review is completed.
Shedden joined Centrica as a marketing graduate in 1988 and held a number of HR roles before being appointed to her current role, reporting to the CEO, in July 2011. She was awarded an MBE for ‘services to women and equality’ in 2017 in recognition of her work with the Women’s Business Council.
Ian Marchant, Thames Water chairman, said: “Jill has tremendous experience of the need for utilities to provide industry-leading customer service, as well as driving business performance through cultural change. She is a valuable addition to our board.”
Ms Shedden said: “Thames Water is undergoing a major period of change and I am delighted to be joining the board at such an important time in the company’s evolution.”
- South Staffs Water tops Ofwat's customer satisfaction table South Staffordshire Water has topped an annual customer satisfaction table published by industry regulator Ofwat for the... Read More >
- Jacobs wins Thames Water consultancy work Jacobs Engineering Group has been selected by Thames Water to provide engineering and environmental consultancy services... Read More >
- Freezing weather leads to widespread bursts and leaks Several water companies across the UK have urged customers to limit usage after the recent adverse weather caused a spate... Read More >
- Scottish Water starts planning for the long term For SR21, Scottish Water is moving away from the traditional approach to business plans and developing a blueprint for the... Read More >
- Football teams and water companies: Closer than you think New season, new league, new challenges... Egremont Group's Owen Quinn and Alex Graham on the parallels between football... Read More >
- Abstract concept: How can water companies reduce abstraction? Despite concerns over supplies, water companies face pressure to reduce abstraction. As part of our Utility of the Future... Read More >
- The end of 'business as usual' in the water sector? James Connolly, head of partnerships at digital asset and works management company eviFile, assesses the message coming... Read More >
- Data Protection and Brexit - Is your organisation prepared? Guidance to help businesses and charities continue to comply with data protection law after the UK leaves the EU Read More >