Surge in priority service registrations for United Utilities
Over 100,000 customers now registered on United Utilities Priority Service Register.
United Utilities has reported a rapid uptick in the number of customers registering for special care on its Priority Service Register (PSR) in response to the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
United Utilities, which supplies water and wastewater services to seven million people from Carlisle to Crewe, now has over 100,000 customers signed up to its PSR
Commenting on the surge in demand for special support, the company’s customer service director Louise Beardmore said “More than ever this current crisis has got us all thinking about what extra support we can offer friends, family, neighbours and in our case customers.
“While we already offer many different support packages to help customers struggling to pay their water bill, we want everyone who perhaps is dealing with a broader set of challenges to get in touch with us if they need extra support."
- Northumbrian Water chief issues coronavirus update The chief executive of Northumbrian Water has assured customers its doing everything it can to ensure that water and... Read More >
- British Water chief says every day operations key during Covid-19 outbreak The chief executive of British Water has told WWT that water companies' day-to-day operations will remain critical during... Read More >
- United Utilities supporting customers during Covid-19 outbreak Water company United Utilities is stepping up actions to support its customers during the 'unprecedented' impact of... Read More >
- Reaching net carbon zero In summer 2019, the water industry committed to reach net carbon zero by 2030. This is a very ambitious aim and... Read More >
- Rewarding excellence WWT content director Alec Peachey looks ahead to next year's Water Industry Awards. Read More >
- Refining water quality management As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Nadine Buddoo looks at why maintaining water quality is a fundamental... Read More >
- AMP7: putting the customer centre stage 2020 marks the beginnings of a new chapter for clients and contractors in the water industry with the start of AMP7, the... Read More >
- The price of water As part of our Utility of the Future campaign, Robin Hackett looks at whether low water bills can be maintained long term Read More >