Stellar line up for Sustainable Water 2013
Water industry leaders will join chairman of the Environment Agency, Lord Chris Smith, and utility chief executives Colin Skellett OBE, of Wessex Water, and Luis Garcia Berengue,r of Bristol Water, at Water & Wastewater Treatment magazine's annual flagship event, Sustainable Water 2013.
Sustainable Water 2013, which takes place in London on September 10-11, aims to demonstrate how water utilities are building resilience and sustainability into their businesses at a time of economic constraint. It will show how they are finding ways to reduce carbon, from garnering efficiencies in existing processes and networks to large-scale programmes for renewable energy.
Chaired by BBC journalist and presenter Juliet Morris and sponsored by Veolia Water and EDF Energy, Sustainable Water 2013 gives delegates the opportunity to network with their peers and engage in a dialogue that will help shape the future of water and wastewater in the UK and beyond.
Long-term drivers like climate change and population growth need to be addressed through the daily tasks of managing existing assets, meeting leakage targets and moving towards a customer-focused, ‘totex’ approach to investment in AMP6.
To reserve your place and find out more, visitwww.sustainable-water.co.uk.
- WWT working with Ofwat to deliver innovation webinar WWT, in association with Ofwat, will be hosting a webinar to highlight the regulator's plans to drive transformational... Read More >
- Annual report summarises work of 106 river catchment partnerships The Catchment Based Approach (CaBA), an initiative to drive collaborative water management across England, has published... Read More >
- UK SMEs poorly prepared for water outages, new research finds The UK's SMEs are underprepared for water outages and supply disruptions, according to new research from Water Plus, the... Read More >
- Tightening phosphorus levels on ever tightening budgets How can low concentrations be met in practice within the financial constraints in AMP7, Simon Radford looks ahead to where... Read More >
- Day Zero: Waking up to water scarcity David Hartwell of Creative EC, explains why Day Zero might be closer than we think and how water event metering could help... Read More >
- 'There's a Hole in my Bucket, dear Boris, dear Boris' David McNeice, Director in DWF's Water practice, analyses the Public Accounts Committee's report on the outlook of... Read More >
- Maximising water efficiency savings from smart meters and adapting to lockdown From 1 September, Thames Water will restart its award-winning programme of in-home water efficiency visits having used... Read More >
- Bubbling up: the impact of rising water risk With water risk on the rise, Erin Boeke Burke, associate director, sustainable finance at S&P Global Ratings, considers... Read More >