Steele named new Balfour Beatty MD for gas and water
Balfour Beatty has announced the appointment of Matthew Steele as managing director of its gas and water business.
Steele joins Balfour Beatty from Network Rail, where he was commercial and development director.
Previously, he was programme director at Crossrail and head of power, communications and cooling upgrades for the London Underground.
As a chartered mechanical engineer, Steele has a deep knowledge of the UK infrastructure market, with over 19 years’ experience providing strategic direction to large cross-industry and multi-discipline teams.
Mark Bullock, chief executive officer of Balfour Beatty’s rail and utilities business, said: “I am delighted to welcome Matthew to my leadership team.
"His extensive experience in delivering critical infrastructure projects in regulated markets will strengthen our client relationships and further enhance our capability in the sector.”
Balfour Beatty’s gas and water business operates in the UK and Ireland.
- Sale of Severn Trent's water purification business completed Industrie De Nora's £60M-plus acquisition of Severn Trent's water purification business has been completed. The new... Read More >
- United Utilities' Sally Cabrini moves to Interserve International support services and construction group Interserve has appointed Sally Cabrini to its executive board as... Read More >
- London professor leads new water resilience action group A new resilience action group set up by the water industry has met for the first time. The group is chaired by professor... Read More >
- Interview: New Clancy Docwra CEO Matt Cannon Former rugby union professional Matt Cannon wants to ensure water companies recognise the full value Clancy Docwra can... Read More >
- Delivering innovation for PR19 Innovation will be the key to meeting many water sector goals after PR19, and many potential technological solutions are... Read More >
- Moving towards greener resilience Nature-based solutions can help us to see the big picture when building in system resilience, writes Dr Jonathan Simm,... Read More >
- Reservoir renewal: Severn Trent's Ambergate project Laing O'Rourke and nmcn (formerly NMCNomenca) this year completed work on Severn Trent’s £43 million project to replace... Read More >
- Interview: Atkins' Daressa Frodsham Atkins' new head of UK water, Daressa Frodsham, tells Robin Hackett that the company has what it takes to tackle the huge... Read More >