Steele named new Balfour Beatty MD for gas and water
Balfour Beatty has announced the appointment of Matthew Steele as managing director of its gas and water business.
Steele joins Balfour Beatty from Network Rail, where he was commercial and development director.
Previously, he was programme director at Crossrail and head of power, communications and cooling upgrades for the London Underground.
As a chartered mechanical engineer, Steele has a deep knowledge of the UK infrastructure market, with over 19 years’ experience providing strategic direction to large cross-industry and multi-discipline teams.
Mark Bullock, chief executive officer of Balfour Beatty’s rail and utilities business, said: “I am delighted to welcome Matthew to my leadership team.
"His extensive experience in delivering critical infrastructure projects in regulated markets will strengthen our client relationships and further enhance our capability in the sector.”
Balfour Beatty’s gas and water business operates in the UK and Ireland.
- Enterprise buys STMS Infrastructure maintenance company Enterprise has bought meter installation business Severn Trent Metering Services (STMS)... Read More >
- Labour plans National Infrastructure Commission if it wins General Election Labour plans to put the UK's long-term infrastructure needs centre stage are expected to address crucial water and... Read More >
- Ofwat hands PR19 contract to PwC-led consortium Ofwat has announced that it is awarding the delivery partner contract to support PR19 to a consortium led by PwC. Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >
- In Focus: Health, safety and wellbeing at Lanes Group Having introduced an array of creative solutions to improve health, safety and wellbeing, Lanes Group is showing the... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >
- MWH Treatment: Building on a legacy MWH Treatment is celebrating its past as well as looking to the future. WET News caught up with MD Paul Bresnan and... Read More >