Stantec promotes Schefer to global operations leadership role
Cath Schefer, a UK-based executive vice president with Stantec, has been promoted to the role of regional operating unit leader for Stantec's operations across Europe, Africa & India, Middle East, Asia Pacific and South America.
In her new role, Schefer will be responsible for business strategy, operations management, delivery of professional services, and financial performance.
“Cath brings her considerable skills and experience in operational and client management,” Stantec president and chief executive officer Gord Johnston said.
“Her impressive track record of business growth, mobilisation and management of multi-million-pound programmes of work as well as her leadership of large, multi-disciplinary teams will benefit the whole of our global operations.”
In the short-term, Schefer will also be covering her previous role as UK managing director.
With more than 27 years' experience in design, construction and management of major infrastructure projects and programmes, Schefer has worked for client, consulting and contracting organisations across multiple sectors.
She has a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and is a chartered engineer and a fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Affinity Water appoints Walsh as new CEO Affinity Water has announced the appointment of Pauline Walsh as Chief Executive Officer. Read More >
- Floating islands installed on Killingworth Lake Children in North Tyneside have planted up innovative new floating islands that are set to transform wildlife as part of a... Read More >
- WRAS names Hogan as new chairman The Water Regulation Advisory Scheme (WRAS) has appointed Sean Hogan as its new chairman, replacing Stephen Kay. Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >
- In Focus: Health, safety and wellbeing at Lanes Group Having introduced an array of creative solutions to improve health, safety and wellbeing, Lanes Group is showing the... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >
- MWH Treatment: Building on a legacy MWH Treatment is celebrating its past as well as looking to the future. WET News caught up with MD Paul Bresnan and... Read More >