Stantec promotes Schefer to global operations leadership role
Cath Schefer, a UK-based executive vice president with Stantec, has been promoted to the role of regional operating unit leader for Stantec's operations across Europe, Africa & India, Middle East, Asia Pacific and South America.
In her new role, Schefer will be responsible for business strategy, operations management, delivery of professional services, and financial performance.
“Cath brings her considerable skills and experience in operational and client management,” Stantec president and chief executive officer Gord Johnston said.
“Her impressive track record of business growth, mobilisation and management of multi-million-pound programmes of work as well as her leadership of large, multi-disciplinary teams will benefit the whole of our global operations.”
In the short-term, Schefer will also be covering he previous role as UK managing director.
With more than 27 years' experience in design, construction and management of major infrastructure projects and programmes, Schefer has worked for client, consulting and contracting organisations across multiple sectors.
She has a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and is a chartered engineer and a fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Natural Resources Wales names new interim chair Natural Resources Wales (NRW) has named former Liverpool City Council chief executive Sir David Henshaw as its interim... Read More >
- Lady Susan Rice appointed Chair of Scottish Water The Scottish Government has appointed Lady Susan Rice as the new Chair of the Board of Scottish Water, succeeding Ronnie... Read More >
- SEPA begins search for new chair The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) has started its hunt for a new chairman to replace David Sigsworth, who... Read More >
- Interview: New Clancy Docwra CEO Matt Cannon Former rugby union professional Matt Cannon wants to ensure water companies recognise the full value Clancy Docwra can... Read More >
- Delivering innovation for PR19 Innovation will be the key to meeting many water sector goals after PR19, and many potential technological solutions are... Read More >
- Moving towards greener resilience Nature-based solutions can help us to see the big picture when building in system resilience, writes Dr Jonathan Simm,... Read More >
- Reservoir renewal: Severn Trent's Ambergate project Laing O'Rourke and nmcn (formerly NMCNomenca) this year completed work on Severn Trent’s £43 million project to replace... Read More >
- Interview: Atkins' Daressa Frodsham Atkins' new head of UK water, Daressa Frodsham, tells Robin Hackett that the company has what it takes to tackle the huge... Read More >