Stantec promotes Schefer to global operations leadership role
Cath Schefer, a UK-based executive vice president with Stantec, has been promoted to the role of regional operating unit leader for Stantec's operations across Europe, Africa & India, Middle East, Asia Pacific and South America.
In her new role, Schefer will be responsible for business strategy, operations management, delivery of professional services, and financial performance.
“Cath brings her considerable skills and experience in operational and client management,” Stantec president and chief executive officer Gord Johnston said.
“Her impressive track record of business growth, mobilisation and management of multi-million-pound programmes of work as well as her leadership of large, multi-disciplinary teams will benefit the whole of our global operations.”
In the short-term, Schefer will also be covering her previous role as UK managing director.
With more than 27 years' experience in design, construction and management of major infrastructure projects and programmes, Schefer has worked for client, consulting and contracting organisations across multiple sectors.
She has a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and is a chartered engineer and a fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Stantec appoints smart networks and leakage reduction expert Smart networks and leakage reduction expert Damian Crawford has joined Stantec in the UK. Read More >
- Bluewater Bio secures three phosphorus removal contracts Bluewater Bio's high-rate multimedia filtration technology FilterClear has been selected for three further plants by three... Read More >
- Rutter joins Stantec from Thames Water Principal consultant Paul Rutter has joined Stantec's business consultancy team in the UK to lead innovation and develop... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >