Stantec appoints smart networks and leakage reduction expert
Smart networks and leakage reduction expert Damian Crawford has joined Stantec in the UK.
He will be responsible for supporting further growth of the company's strategic consulting services for water companies through holistic solutions to network and leakage management, and intelligent investment in water networks.
Crawford has been in the water industry for over 20 years and has a broad range of operational and consultancy experience, with skills spanning performance management, network and control optimisation and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Stantec, Crawford held senior positions in water networks operations with both Thames Water and SES Water, focusing on delivering industry leading performance through intelligent and innovative investment in mains rehabilitation, active leakage control and pressure management.
On his appointment, Crawford said: “I’m looking forward to building on Stantec’s smart networks capability, working with our clients to deliver efficiencies to existing leakage detection and repair and maintenance strategies, drawing on intelligent machine learning and the latest technology.”
Jamie Woods, regional director for Stantec UK, said: “It’s great to have Damian joining our Stantec team, bringing his experience and leadership to a rapidly evolving aspect of the water industry.”
- FBW Engineering agrees management buy-out Water and wastewater engineering consultancy FBW Engineering Services has concluded a management buy-out which is intended... Read More >
- Ricardo-AEA scoops two major UK water projects Energy and environmental consultancy Ricardo-AEA has clinched two new flagship UK contracts that demonstrate its... Read More >
- Arcadis counterbids Nippon Koei for Hyder Consulting Dutch engineering consultant Arcadis looks likely to acquire Hyder Consulting after trouncing Japanese rival bidder Nippon... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >
- In Focus: Health, safety and wellbeing at Lanes Group Having introduced an array of creative solutions to improve health, safety and wellbeing, Lanes Group is showing the... Read More >
- Meet the WIA Finalists: Water Industry Contractor of the Year In the run-up to the Water Industry Awards, WWT is taking a close look at the companies and initiatives that have made the... Read More >