Stantec appoints smart networks and leakage reduction expert
Smart networks and leakage reduction expert Damian Crawford has joined Stantec in the UK.
He will be responsible for supporting further growth of the company's strategic consulting services for water companies through holistic solutions to network and leakage management, and intelligent investment in water networks.
Crawford has been in the water industry for over 20 years and has a broad range of operational and consultancy experience, with skills spanning performance management, network and control optimisation and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Stantec, Crawford held senior positions in water networks operations with both Thames Water and SES Water, focusing on delivering industry leading performance through intelligent and innovative investment in mains rehabilitation, active leakage control and pressure management.
On his appointment, Crawford said: “I’m looking forward to building on Stantec’s smart networks capability, working with our clients to deliver efficiencies to existing leakage detection and repair and maintenance strategies, drawing on intelligent machine learning and the latest technology.”
Jamie Woods, regional director for Stantec UK, said: “It’s great to have Damian joining our Stantec team, bringing his experience and leadership to a rapidly evolving aspect of the water industry.”
- RAG-Stiftung buys majority stake in Pell Frischmann Engineering consultancy Pell Frischmann has been taken taken over by RAG-Stiftung (Foundation) Investment Company.... Read More >
- Southern appoints Ofgem director as new chairman Southern Water has appointed Keith Lough as independent chairman and Kevin McCullough as an independent non-executive... Read More >
- Gill joins Stantec UK as technical director Urban drainage expert Elliot Gill has joined Stantec's consultancy business in the UK as technical director in support of... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >