Stantec appoints smart networks and leakage reduction expert
Smart networks and leakage reduction expert Damian Crawford has joined Stantec in the UK.
He will be responsible for supporting further growth of the company's strategic consulting services for water companies through holistic solutions to network and leakage management, and intelligent investment in water networks.
Crawford has been in the water industry for over 20 years and has a broad range of operational and consultancy experience, with skills spanning performance management, network and control optimisation and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Stantec, Crawford held senior positions in water networks operations with both Thames Water and SES Water, focusing on delivering industry leading performance through intelligent and innovative investment in mains rehabilitation, active leakage control and pressure management.
On his appointment, Crawford said: “I’m looking forward to building on Stantec’s smart networks capability, working with our clients to deliver efficiencies to existing leakage detection and repair and maintenance strategies, drawing on intelligent machine learning and the latest technology.”
Jamie Woods, regional director for Stantec UK, said: “It’s great to have Damian joining our Stantec team, bringing his experience and leadership to a rapidly evolving aspect of the water industry.”
- ADSM and Peel Water become latest water retail licensees Two more retailers - Advanced Demand Side Management (ADSM) and Peel Water - have been granted water supply and sewerage... Read More >
- Engineering apprenticeships attract disadvantaged students A new apprenticeship scheme has attracted hundreds of applicants, many from disadvantaged backgrounds. The scheme, which... Read More >
- Stantec names Mooij as strategic technical consultant for water Stantec in the UK has appointed Chris Mooij as strategic technical consultant for water to support its growth within the... Read More >
- A glass half-full? Bringing water costs down for utility customers Mark Bullock, Balfour Beatty chief executive officer for rail and utilities, says the water sector must change its... Read More >
- INWED 2019: 'Each step was driven by choosing work I enjoy' To mark International Women in Engineering Day 2019 on 23 June, Fiona Barbour discusses her journey to becoming Mott... Read More >
- Interview: Kier Utilities' water MD Nigel Dyer Kier Utilities' Nigel Dyer tells Robin Hackett how the company is evolving to meet the changing demands on the water... Read More >
- Comment: New tech and partnerships will up the ante on leakage Closer partnerships, technology and connectivity will be the key to tackling leakage, with collaborative delivery... Read More >
- The search for safer streetworks practices Amey Utilities' HSEQ director, Gerry Mulholland, explains how the company’s 2020 Challenge and Know What’s Below... Read More >